Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2014, 04:00 AM   #1
navyav8tr

Heating Issues in a Fuzion 390

So we just got back from Disney and a stay at Fort Wilderness, awesome time and campground. A couple of nights we had to throw the heat on and what I noticed is it would kick on for about a minute and then would kick off. The temperature in the camper was 64 and we had the thermostat set at 72. I would have to turn the thermostat off and then back to heat to get it to kick back on for a minute.
Any ideas what could be the issue? It is still under warranty so I'll have them look at it but I could see the dealership saying, "could not duplicate" as they have in the past.

2013 Fuzion 390
2013 Ford F-350
2006 EZ-GO PDS with Lift

Retired US Navy S-3B Viking and F/A-18C Hornet Pilot
F/A-18 Hornet and Super Hornet Simulator Instructor

navyav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:09 AM   #2
jsmith948

On our heater, the fan comes on first, then the igniters fire, then you get heat. Did the fan just run, or, did you actually get heat. Does the water heater work on gas? You may have a low gas flow problem.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
navyav8tr

Thanks for the reply. The fan would kick on for a minute or so and then kick off after a minute. I never noticed any heat coming out of the vents while the heater was on.
On a side note the water heater works perfect, no issues at all.

2013 Fuzion 390
2013 Ford F-350
2006 EZ-GO PDS with Lift

Old 04-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyav8tr View Post
Thanks for the reply. The fan would kick on for a minute or so and then kick off after a minute. I never noticed any heat coming out of the vents while the heater was on.
On a side note the water heater works perfect, no issues at all.
Okay sounds like like furnace is not lighting, heat requested, fan comes on first then you may be able to hear sparks attempting to ignite the propane, if does not light after a few tries furnace will shut off. I would check and make sure you have enough propane in your tank. I know on mine when volume gets low, furnace will not come on however stove will work. Since blower is running you have 12VDC to the furnace therefore ignition should fire to light propane.

There was a previous post where a member could not run two propane devices at once. solution was to turn off the valves on both tanks and remove lines from both tanks the reconnect lines and open tank valves slowly. Basic safety regulator was limiting propane to the rig.

My 2 cents hope that helps

ADDED COMMENT: Son is a chief design Engineer on the F18 simulator Project (Rockwell/L3) Amazing machine
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:59 AM   #5
navyav8tr

Thanks Pararaptor! I am going to check out the heat with the water heater off. I turned on the heat as soon as we pulled in as well as the water heater. The water heater was working fine so it may be there wasn't enough flow getting to the heater itself which is why it may have been cutting out.

Cool about your son. The folks that run our sims are all L3, it is amazing what they can do these days.

2013 Fuzion 390
2013 Ford F-350
2006 EZ-GO PDS with Lift

Old 04-23-2014, 06:05 AM   #6
2014Fuzion300

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyav8tr View Post
Thanks Pararaptor! I am going to check out the heat with the water heater off. I turned on the heat as soon as we pulled in as well as the water heater. The water heater was working fine so it may be there wasn't enough flow getting to the heater itself which is why it may have been cutting out.

Cool about your son. The folks that run our sims are all L3, it is amazing what they can do these days.

You said that your water heater was working fine, was it working on gas or electricity?
2014Fuzion300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:24 AM   #7
Bob Landry

Alyou really know is that the blower works and you are getting 12V. If other appliances are working OK on gas, then gas delivery is good, period.The end result is the furnace is getting a signal from the sail switch and shuts down after a specified period. This can be caused by any number of things, a bad sail switch, bad control board(several functions), bad gas solenoid. You are going to get some well meant answers, but they are all assumptions and what ifs. If you are not personally familiar with how the furnace operates and it's sequence of operations, save yourself some time and money and have a qualified technician look at it. It may be a really simple fix like a wire that slipped off a connector, but don't simply throw parts at anything based on Internet responses.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote