Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2014, 05:19 AM   #1
crossfire3006

Question Trailer Aid Plus - Does it work with Keystone Travel Trailers

I wasn't sure where to post this question so I hope it's is ok here. Also, I did a search and didn't see any threads pertaining to my question so if there is a thread or threads, I apologize.

I happen to see a Trailer Aid Plus displayed at an RV Dealership and was intrigued. The concept is great, however I'm not sure if it will work on my travel trailer. I have a Keystone Passport 238ML. My question is has anyone here every used the Trailer Aid Plus with a Keystone Travel Trailer? Thanks for reading my post and sharing any experience you've had with this product.
crossfire3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:46 AM   #2
440justin

Unless your trailer has the axles spread really far apart I don't see why it would not work on a keystone trailer. I am not sure if it would work with the spread axles or not.. But I am sure someone on here will know.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
Rick

Try doing a search using quotaion marks...."trailer aid"....it'll bring you the results you want.

I bought the regular trailer aid, the difference being the "plus" has 1" of extra height and is $13 higher in cost. I can put a 1" board under the trailer aid for free and get the same effect. After reading reviews at Amazon, I found it's about a 50/50 chance it will work. You just won't know until you buy (or borrow) one and try it. I was one of those for whom it didn't work. The good thing is, is that it takes most of the pressure off the axle of the tire that needs to be changed. I can now easily use a small jack and raise the axle with the bad tire just high enough for that tire to clear the ground. All the heavy work lifting the side of the trailer with the bad tire is done by the trailer aid.

If you buy one and it doesn't work for you, you can always return it.

Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote