Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
bubbles105

bullet 272 bhs

Hello we just bought our first TT, a bullet 272bhswe. I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a water heater bypass and my second question is if anyone knows where the manual override for the slide is. We havent had a chance to take it out yet but Im trying to get the ins and outs before we do. Thanks
bubbles105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

According to the Keystone website, yes, you have a hot water heater bypass installed. It's standard on all Bullet models in 2014. Look at the back (inside the RV) of your HWH and you should see a section of PEX tubing that runs vertically from the bottom input to the top output connections of your HWH. On the bottom, you will find a valve, this is what you turn to divert cold water away from the HWH to winterize it. If this is present, you have a bypass kit installed.

As for the slide manual mechanism access, it will be on the door side of your RV, about the location of the axles. You should either see a 1" hole in the frame rail or a cover screwed into the coroplast belly of your RV. Under that coroplast cover (or inside that 1" hole is the 3/4" fitting to which you attach the hand crank/ratchet/speed handle to wind in your slide if the motor fails. Remember to disconnect 12 volt power before you try to use that fitting.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
KJcachers

bullet 272 bhs

My bullet 246rbs has the bypass under the dinette seat with the hot water heater. My slide release is actually outside on each end of the slide inside the seals. There is a bolt release that comes out and then I have to push the slide in manually. Did you not get shown these things during you walk through when you purchased it?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
BulletOwner1

I have a 2012 Bullet 284RLS and the manual overide (my interpretation) is a fitting on top of the electric motor under the couch (couch/kitchen slide). It takes a socket wrench or drill/driver to manually run the slide in or out if the motor quits. Mine is a cable slide. Don't know if the newer ones are or not. There should have been a flexible adapter to fit on the fitting and wrench in the RV when you bought it if it was new.

Pretty sure you have a WH bypass as mentioned above.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
bubbles105

No i wasnt shown this during the walk around at all. I have opened panels and havent seen any bypass but i am told it is there. As for the slide I will check it out when I get a chance. Thanks for the replies
bubbles105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #6
BulletOwner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles105 View Post
No i wasnt shown this during the walk around at all. I have opened panels and havent seen any bypass but i am told it is there. As for the slide I will check it out when I get a chance. Thanks for the replies
Have you actually seen the back of the WH? There should be a removable panel or cupboard inside the RV in very close proximity to where the WH cover is on the outside. Inside that panel you should see some plumbing entering and exiting a styrofoam covered item. That would be the WH.

I just looked at your model of trailer (2014) and the WH is located under the lower bunk. Look under the mattress. I think you will find a removable panel there.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #7
BulletOwner1

Quote:
Have you actually seen the back of the WH? There should be a removable panel or cupboard inside the RV in very close proximity to where the WH cover is on the outside. Inside that panel you should see some plumbing entering and exiting a styrofoam covered item. That would be the WH.

I just looked at your model of trailer (2014) and the WH is located under the lower bunk. Look under the mattress. I think you will find a removable panel there.

Just looked at that picture again. You might have access by opening the outside storage compartment at the rear street side.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #8
RandT1016

Quote:
Hello we just bought our first TT, a bullet 272bhswe. I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a water heater bypass and my second question is if anyone knows where the manual override for the slide is. We havent had a chance to take it out yet but Im trying to get the ins and outs before we do. Thanks
We just purchased the same model last weekend and have scheduled a walk-thru pick up for Feb 21st. You probably haven't had a chance to use your Bullet yet, but are there any other items you've run across? I can be sure to ask at my walk-thru and would happy to pass along any info.
RandT1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:26 PM   #9
Moe272BHS

I have a 2014 Bullet 272 BHS HWH bypass is under the bottom double bunk. You would have to unscrew the plywood to access it. To manually retract the slide out. You have to insert the flex extension you should have gotten into the motor of the slide out. It is located on the middle of the wall behind the slide out. Stand in front of the sofa where it meets the dinette. You will have to stand on a step stool to view it. I have never attempted to manually close my slide out and by looking at where I have to access it. It does not look like that much fun! Other than that I love my new trailer!!
Moe272BHS is offline   Reply With Quote