Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
DANA1955

Fresh water drain

I feel really dumb. I traded an 07 300rk for a 2013 Mountaineer 346lbq. I cannot find anywhere underneath the unit a drain hose with a cap to drain the fresh water tank. My old unit had a drain right near where the red/blue lines to drain it out. The last time I had water in the tank I had to use the pump to pump it out. Did they forget to put it through the covering under the trailer? I looked underneath where the other lines are and I cannot see it above the covering. Does anyone else have this model with an easy drain/cap for the fresh water tank?
Thanks a bunch

Dana
DANA1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
BlindGuyNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANA1955 View Post
I feel really dumb. I traded an 07 300rk for a 2013 Mountaineer 346lbq. I cannot find anywhere underneath the unit a drain hose with a cap to drain the fresh water tank. My old unit had a drain right near where the red/blue lines to drain it out. The last time I had water in the tank I had to use the pump to pump it out. Did they forget to put it through the covering under the trailer? I looked underneath where the other lines are and I cannot see it above the covering. Does anyone else have this model with an easy drain/cap for the fresh water tank?
Thanks a bunch

Dana

I have a 2013 346lbq.

It's at the very back. Very close to the bumper about a foot and a half further unde from it. Towards the door side. It's just a hose with a cap. My cap was stored in my hot water heater cover. I almost threw it away before I knew what it was I tried to fill tank and water ran out here is how I found it.
BlindGuyNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
Bluewater

Try looking near the axles because they usually put the water tanks above the axles. Mine is on the right side just above the rear axle.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #4
WaltBennett

On our Monty, it's also just a plastic tube/hose sticking straight down with a screw-on cap.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:29 AM   #5
DANA1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindGuyNAR View Post
I have a 2013 346lbq.

It's at the very back. Very close to the bumper about a foot and a half further unde from it. Towards the door side. It's just a hose with a cap. My cap was stored in my hot water heater cover. I almost threw it away before I knew what it was I tried to fill tank and water ran out here is how I found it.
so you are saying that it is near the outdoor kitchen in the back of the unit?
I must have missed it but will look tonight when i get home.
Thank you so much
Old 06-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
BlindGuyNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANA1955 View Post
so you are saying that it is near the outdoor kitchen in the back of the unit?
I must have missed it but will look tonight when i get home.
Thank you so much
Yes back there. Underside popping out of the black cardboard. Between the rear stab and rear bumper. Sort of the center, but favoring the outdoor kitchen side slightly.

Crazy it's back there I know. Fresh water must be back there behind axles witch can help with pin weight I guess, but water pump is in front behind water inlet so who know what they were thinking. Normally the tank and pump should be close to each other.
BlindGuyNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
DANA1955

Thank you so much. It certainly is no where near where it was on my Montana300rk.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
jlarocca

That booger is hard to find but it's there. I had same problem. Plus my unit doesn't have gravity fill on back which is another pain in the rear to sanitize tank.
jlarocca is offline   Reply With Quote