Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
North Texas Camper

New to site and to Travel Trailers

Hello,

We are anxiously awaiting the delivery of our 2011 Laredo 303 TG. We have been Popup campers for years. I have a 1998 Coleman popup in my garage which will soon be on craigslist. But I will say this will be quite different from pulling a popup which is only 22' from hitch to bumper to go to something about 36' long.

We have our first trip planned. We leave on Mar 12th to go to Santa Fe NM. we are really looking forward to the trip and the camper.

I look forward to all the good advice and ideas that people provide.

Any other North Texan's out there??

2009 Chevy 2500 HD
2011 Laredo 303 TG (soon)
Wife (Nikki), Daughter (Samantha) and our two four legged shedding machines (Thunder and Nala).

1998 Coleman Natchez Popup (for sale)
1993 Dutchman Popup
North Texas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
geo

Welcome to the forum. Yes, there are a few of us North Texans "out there". The trip to Santa Fe sounds great! I know the worst part and the longest part will be from Wichita Falls to Amarillo! Personally, I hate that boring stretch of road. Be sure to fill up with fuel, coffee, and have Sirius XM cranked up!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
jq1031

Hello & Welcome to the form. I'm a floridian who drove across Texas, Arizona & into Las Vegas two years ago around the same time of year as your going. My son who lives in LV warned me about the wind at this time of year & he was corrrect. My advise is to make sure you have a good weight distributing hitch with sway control. Without that you could be in for a rough ride!

Good luck with you Laredo, mine is ready to be picked up in Indiana at the end of this month then heading to St Louis for the shake down cruise!
Joe
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote