Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
tjpscott

Smile Bedroom Lights Don't Work

Hi there,

I am new to this forum, and to RV ownership. Hopefully someone can give me some info to tackle this problem.

I just purchased a used 2008 Hornet 32BHDS travel trailer. Everything works, except the bedroom lights.

I have replaced fuses and bulbs with no luck. I have also tried to find a wiring diagram for this trailer without success.

Can someone assist me in approaching/tackling this problem. Any help is appreciated!!!

Thank you.

Jason
tjpscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Sometimes, there is a "master" switch on the wall that, unless turned on, will not allow certain ceiling lights to operate. Also, save yourself both the time and effort in looking for a wiring and/or plumbing diagram for your Keystone TT. They are not available.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
tjpscott

Thank you very much.

I had noticed that switch, made sure it was turned on, and actually took it off the wall and verified that it was functional.

I suspect there is a "shorted" wire. I have not idea where to start however.

Jason
tjpscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpscott View Post
Thank you very much.

I had noticed that switch, made sure it was turned on, and actually took it off the wall and verified that it was functional.

I suspect there is a "shorted" wire. I have not idea where to start however.

Jason
Jason _
I take it that you tested the wall switch with a meter and got a good reading from it? Perhaps the switch itself is faulty?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
Bob Landry

Take one of the light fixtures down and check for 12V at the fixture. If it's not there, there is probably going to be a wall switch in a not so visible place. All of the 12V lights are going to run off of one fuse, so if any of the overheads work, the fuse is good. In my Outback, the only overhead lights that are not on a switch are the bedroom lights.

You can also try to call Keystone. They won't tell you how anything is wired, but they should at least tell you if those lights are on a switch and if so, where it is located. I can tell you this, that my next trailer, if there is a next one, will not be a KS simply because of their unconditional refusal to giving out electrical or plumbing information.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote