Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
stb808

outlet under table and light over table and couch don't work after rice cooker used.

My first post. New RV'er. 2003 Keystone Sprinter 303bhs.

We had a rice cooker plugged into the outlet under the dining table. It ran for a while then lost power at outlet and the lights above table and couch quit at the same time. I checked breakers, GFCI's, fuses, and pulled the outlet to check wires. Still no power and not sure what else to check. any help would be appreciated.
stb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. If the problem is in a slide out check the electrical junction either in the inside corner of the slide or underneath outside. There may have been a loose connection in the ac wireing that overheated and caused the dc connections to fail also. Good luck and let us know what you find, Hank

The inside junction will look similar to this minus the outlet.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
stb808

thanks for the reply. Yes it's in the slider, I found the junction but dont have a meter handy for testing. nothing looks bad. guess I will have to dig up a meter to go further.
stb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
hankaye

stb808, Howdy;

If you smoke-checked something in the junction box you should be able to 'smell' it. Truly, just stick your nose up close to it and take a whiff.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical problem, outlets