Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2022, 07:10 AM   #1
filthyhat

Keystone 210rr toyhauler bed guides

Hello all.

I have a 2004 Tailgator 210rr. The camper is in pretty good condition, but the rear lift bed has been giving me trouble.

The "wood" that the bed is made from has deteriorated somewhat, the screws that they put it together with had pulled out and the brackets that slot into the plastic guides on the walls were crooked. I managed to "fix" the bed itself with some giant washers and bolts but the plastic guide rails on the walls are crumbling and deteriorating. The have cracked in several places from the extra stress of being used when everything was not in a line like it should be.

I have been searching for some replacement guide rails and have so far come up with next to nothing.

Does anyone know where I can find these magical and elusive pieces for my factory bed lift system? I think they are called bed guides or bed guide rails.

Thank you for reading my post.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:14 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Any idea who makes the bed lift? HappiJack is popular, made by Lippert. They have outstanding tech support.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:20 AM   #3
filthyhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Any idea who makes the bed lift? HappiJack is popular, made by Lippert. They have outstanding tech support.
No sir I have no idea who made the bed lift. I ignorantly assumed that it was made by keystone. It is a manual lift bed with four air shocks and some plastic guides on the walls.

I will look at all of the pieces and see if any of them are labelled as to the manufacturer. Maybe that will point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:24 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Post a picture if you can. Treckwood.com may have it but be aware the S&H from those folks is very expensive.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:30 AM   #5
filthyhat

I'm not sure I can post a picture. When I click the picture it asks for a Url. Do I have to host it somewhere?
Old 05-29-2022, 09:37 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

No, but at the bottom of the message box click on "go advanced". That will add a toolbar to the top of the message box. Then click on the paper clip icon near the black & white smiley face. Then you chose the file on your device, click upload, then save.

You can then click on "preview post" if you want too what it looks like. The software will only present the picture in landscape so if it's taken in portrait it will show up sideways in the post. Hope this helps.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:31 PM   #7
filthyhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
No, but at the bottom of the message box click on "go advanced". That will add a toolbar to the top of the message box. Then click on the paper clip icon near the black & white smiley face. Then you chose the file on your device, click upload, then save.

You can then click on "preview post" if you want too what it looks like. The software will only present the picture in landscape so if it's taken in portrait it will show up sideways in the post. Hope this helps.
Hey thanks for the write up. I got sidetracked preparing dinner and now the day is gone. I will try to find some markings tomorrow and also use your instructions to post some pics.

I appreciate your eagerness to help. Thank you all.
Old 07-03-2022, 10:35 PM   #8
aikinsmike

I believe the bed rails on the wall are Delrin.

Quick question on your do the brackets just have a flat round like washer welded to them to guide it in the rail? I made new ones with skateboard bearing seemed it was sloppy.

What shocks are on the bed 80lb?
aikinsmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, keystone, toyhauler