Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2022, 05:17 AM   #1
SwooshOG

Raptor 429 Holding Tank Setup?

I realize rear tank setup may be different, but looking for possibilities of what’s wrong as I’ve not received a response from Keystone on my inquiry.

Here is what I’ve determined with some messy trial and error:
-The coach is labeled with grey tank up front and black tank in the back

-The front tanks contain contents from Kitchen and Full Bath for grey and Full Bath for black

-The back tank (or tanks) contain contents from 1/2 bath

-The front tanks dump and drain as I would expect with the pull of the appropriate valve in the plumbing command center

-The back tank(s) appear to dump directly into exit pipe without any intermiediate valve to control release. In other words, the cap on the exit pipe is the only thing keeping everything contained.

Here is what I’m trying to figure out:
1) Is there an actual grey tank for the 1/ bath or does all content drain to a single tank?

2) Total capacity for grey and black are listed as 82 gallons each, but wondering if they are equal sized at 40ish apiece, or if front is larger than back?

3) Should the release valve that controls the front tanks also control the rear or are these typical configured as separate containment systems. I assume the latter, but understanding how it is supposed to work will help with my discussions with Keystone.

4) if not a central release valve for all tanks, is your 1/2 bath configured with a separate dump valve?

I’ve installed a pipe-end release valve but clearly want something more permanent and for this to function as intended. I know it’s easy to miss things during construction or for failures to happen prior to delivery, so looking for collective wisdom to take this to the right place for resolution.
SwooshOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 06:31 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Each waste tank should have its own drain valve. It’s been a running commentary that the tanks may be mis labeled. The only way to verify what each figure drains into is to empty everything. Then simply start running water until one of the tanks shows 1/3 full. Then shut that fixture off and start the next one.

This is the procedure I used for years doing PDI’d with multiple sinks/bathrooms and Washer/dryers.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:22 AM   #3
Essvar

If its a new model your 1/2 bath should all go into one tank with its own valve. Typically located behind the wheels on the drivers side. (a good distance from all the other valves)

If the cap is the only thing holding in the contents of the 1/2 bath, there is a strong possibility this valve is open.....
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raptor, tank