Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2022, 10:53 AM   #1
SteveThePirate

Question Fuzion 424 side patio - move stairs to side?

Tried a search for 10 minutes but can't find an answer.

Seriously considering purchasing a Fuzion 424, 2018-2019. I currently have a Stryker toy-hauler with a side patio and I can't imagine having an RV without one. I never use the rear patio as (a) it only has the bug screen, and (b) hard to find a space long enough to deploy it.

Ok, that said, my Stryker doesn't have stairs but I have the standard front door, and also a door in the garage. There is no front door on the Fuzion 424, as the side patio IS the front door. Alas, WHY did they mount the stairs facing the RV? It would have made much more sense to mount it in line with the side of the RV. How many RV sites (at an RV park) can handle the patio AND the additional space needed to deploy your main steps?

So...I was wondering if anyone got creative and moved the stairs to the side instead of the front? Aka, climbing the stair from the side of the RV not facing the RV.

The stair top support would have to be moved. That doesn't sound hard. But the railings are not a square, thus the front railing, with swing in door, is longer than the side railing so trying to swap them wouldn't work.

So...long story short...has anyone modified their 424 stairs and railing to come off the side instead of the front?

Thanks much. It's a big part of our buying decision on a Fuzion 424 vs Momentum 399TH.
SteveThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion