Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2022, 06:13 AM   #1
bfisher003

2019 Montana Roller shade brand?

We have a 2019 Montana 3121RL and need some window roller shade parts. Our shades have the combo black mesh and sold shades. Can anyone tell me what brand/manufacturer made them? I cannot find the brand/manufacturer anywhere on the shades. From researching on the web and pictures it appears they may be made by Irvine Shade and Door. Can anyone who has bought parts confirm this? Thanks for your help.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:33 AM   #2
markcee

Check out this place and see if it's a match:

https://shadesmithca.com/

I was talking to the rep from this company at a show last week and either she mentioned they were in the Montana's or I read it here....can't recall which. Irvine Shade is also mentioned on the pamphlets she provided. I'm sure a Montana owner will jump in and correct if wrong.

As an FYI, I believe RecPro also sells what looks to be the exact same shade.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:42 AM   #3
bfisher003

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
Check out this place and see if it's a match:

https://shadesmithca.com/

I was talking to the rep from this company at a show last week and either she mentioned they were in the Montana's or I read it here....can't recall which. Irvine Shade is also mentioned on the pamphlets she provided. I'm sure a Montana owner will jump in and correct if wrong.

As an FYI, I believe RecPro also sells what looks to be the exact same shade.

Thanks. Looking at Shadesmith it appears they are a distributor for Irvine.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:18 AM   #4
bfisher003

As a follow up to my original post and through research online it seemed the dual roller shades in our 2019 Montana 3121RL 20 Year Anniversary Edition were made by Irvine Shade and Door. I called them about replacement parts and was referred to Jackie (aka the Blind Lady) at (602) 321-9986. I called her and after asking me several questions and emailing me a picture she confirmed that our Montana’s roller shades were made by Irvine and helped me select the appropriate parts for her to send me.

For what it’s worth, we have two shades with problems; a definite broken spring assembly on the 61” dark shade over the dining table that allowed the black shade to completely unroll and fall off the tube and a 25” shade that the black shade would not stop anywhere when pulled down. I thought the broken part might be the auto-stop, but she told me the auto-stop end only controls where the shade stops when rolled up and it was another broken spring assembly causing the problem.

Hopefully the above and below provides some assistance to some of you down the road. In addition, our Montana has 3/4” roller tubes (measured on the outside) and are the “Value Line” model. Irvine Shade and Door’s web site has good pictures of the springs and auto-stop parts for sizing, etc., but call Jackie to make sure you get the right parts.

Tags
montana