Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2022, 10:56 AM   #21
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
My 2020 29rks has a vertical handle. All I have found is handles to replace a horizontal handle. Has anyone see any keyless handles to replace a vertical handle?

I remember a post about that about a year ago…I think it was suggested that it wasn’t easy to find one and I think someone ( maybe me?) suggested adding a second lock that was digital but don’t really think that would look good or install easily
Old 01-31-2022, 08:07 AM   #22
jxnbbl

I purchased an RVLock brand when we got our first trailer and really like it, we use both locks when traveling but the combo/remote when setup. When we traded this trailer in this fall and got a new trailer, we swapped out the original. Our new trailer had two doors.

What I found...that I could pay a couple of bucks more and deal with RVLock directly and sending them the key code, I could now have them keyed the same. Where the combo can be set the same, minimizing the keys is always a benefit.

One of my projects is to replace all the "cargo locks" to be keyed alike. When I attempted this on the first trailer I goofed up...I didn't realize that the rear compartment was a different width than the pass through. But now I know for go around #2!
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote