Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2021, 05:25 AM   #1
Robthenub

Thoughts on this Carbon 36 toy hauler

Hello, I just recently purchased a 2021 carbon 36. I’ve seen it twice and the quality on it isn’t that good. The floor plan is very nice. Since I have to order from the factory I won’t be able to really test it out the quality of the rv. I was wondering if anyone has owned it or is owning one of these could inform me more about it. I’ve searched online for reviews but I can only find reviews done by dealers which are quite biased. If anyone has one of these that could just let me know some things you’ve discovered. Thanks
Robthenub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:00 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robthenub View Post
Hello, I just recently purchased a 2021 carbon 36. I’ve seen it twice and the quality on it isn’t that good. The floor plan is very nice. Since I have to order from the factory I won’t be able to really test it out the quality of the rv. I was wondering if anyone has owned it or is owning one of these could inform me more about it. I’ve searched online for reviews but I can only find reviews done by dealers which are quite biased. If anyone has one of these that could just let me know some things you’ve discovered. Thanks
It seems like you already have it in your mind that it’s not gonna live up to your expectations...since you ordered it I would wait till it’s delivered and ask the dealer if you could spend the day looking it over before you sign for it...maybe have an rv Surveyer/inspector look it over with you...most all of the manufacturers use the same components and just assemble them ala carte style..
A lot of things in life are the half full ,half empty scenario..you have to make up your mind your going to like it and expect some problems because ALL manufacturers have random problems
Old 03-18-2021, 06:13 AM   #3
Robthenub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
It seems like you already have it in your mind that it’s not gonna live up to your expectations...since you ordered it I would wait till it’s delivered and ask the dealer if you could spend the day looking it over before you sign for it...maybe have an rv Surveyer/inspector look it over with you...most all of the manufacturers use the same components and just assemble them ala carte style..
A lot of things in life are the half full ,half empty scenario..you have to make up your mind your going to like it and expect some problems because ALL manufacturers have random problems
We couldn’t really tick all the boxes right. So this rv right here ticked the most. That’s why we are very happy with the purchase of this rv. We previously owned a keystone and it wasn’t that bad. We just looked at the quality and it didn’t really just look like it was good. Thank you for your reply.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:16 AM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
We couldn’t really tick all the boxes right. So this rv right here ticked the most. That’s why we are very happy with the purchase of this rv. We previously owned a keystone and it wasn’t that bad. We just looked at the quality and it didn’t really just look like it was good. Thank you for your reply.
Your welcome! Congratulations on the purchase
Old 07-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #5
JGCyber3

Assuming you took delivery - what's your feedback?

I pickup a Carbon 35 on Friday - anything I should look out for??

Any mod's you recommend?

Thx
JGCyber3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 10:22 AM   #6
Robthenub

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGCyber3 View Post
Assuming you took delivery - what's your feedback?

I pickup a Carbon 35 on Friday - anything I should look out for??

Any mod's you recommend?

Thx
All I have to say is that the quality is pretty bad. Went camping already couple times. Some of the trim has detached. Idk if u have those hanging kitchen lights but I would make sure those are tight as one of our lights fell off and made a mess. We don’t mind the trailer but it hasn’t lived up to its price. Haven’t done many “mods” but I’ve kinda just bought accessories and things.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:25 AM   #7
JGCyber3

Quote:
All I have to say is that the quality is pretty bad. Went camping already couple times. Some of the trim has detached. Idk if u have those hanging kitchen lights but I would make sure those are tight as one of our lights fell off and made a mess. We don’t mind the trailer but it hasn’t lived up to its price. Haven’t done many “mods” but I’ve kinda just bought accessories and things.
does have hanging kitchen lights - so will check those - good tip...maybe lock tight

what trim out of curiosity?

Anything else?
Old 07-06-2021, 10:36 AM   #8
Robthenub

Quote:
does have hanging kitchen lights - so will check those - good tip...maybe lock tight

what trim out of curiosity?

Anything else?
Uhh in the garage at the back there’s to cubby’s in the corner. There’s some trim at the bottom that came lose on one of them.

Just looked at ur 3D model and you don’t have those cabinets so you don’t have to worry. Im pretty sure somethings gonna fall apart or come lose. These things are built poor imo.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:44 AM   #9
JGCyber3

Quote:
Uhh in the garage at the back there’s to cubby’s in the corner. There’s some trim at the bottom that came lose on one of them.

Just looked at ur 3D model and you don’t have those cabinets so you don’t have to worry. Im pretty sure somethings gonna fall apart or come lose. These things are built poor imo.
thx for further feedback.....yeah, always something, like a damn boat....
Old 07-06-2021, 10:45 AM   #10
Robthenub

Quote:
thx for further feedback.....yeah, always something, like a damn boat....
Well other then that yeah. Enjoy your rig man. They’re pretty sweet looking things. Enjoy it.

Tags
toy hauler