Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2021, 05:14 AM   #1
Scttw

Assistance with Satelite Port - routing to LV and BR

Hi guys, I have a campground parked Alpine 3620fl 2014 model.

In my water-room are 2 input ports. There are ports in my LV as well as in my BR.

A few years ago I ran a TV satellite and after trying every combination (4 of them) I was able to figure out which outside port would feed the BR.

Fast forward, I am now installing internet (TV satellite is gone).

I'm deciding where to put the wireless Modem. Of course I could put it in the BR but if I instead decide to put it in the LV, none of the 4 combinations before worked.

I'm curious if the bedroom links to the LV and it has to go there first?

Of course there are no manuals explaining the routing so I was wondering if anyone knows off hand or if there is a schematic for this online somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Scott
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup
Scttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:07 AM   #2
gearhead

I'm having a similar issue.
Anyone know if there is a signal generator that I can hook up to the ports in the convenience center and then figure out if I'm getting a signal at the TV location?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:37 AM   #3
travelin texans

Not sure if this helps!
On my last 5er the OTA cable (white) & the park cable (gray) port in the convenience center went to the antenna booster near the bedroom tv. From the booster "out" port the cable (gray) went to a splitter stuffed in the ceiling above one of the light fixtures. That splitter had the cables connected incorrectly with the "in" cable connected to one of the "out" ports, correctly connected & had good reception from both antenna & park cable. Also in the ceiling were orange cables for satellite feed from the roof ports & the convenience center connected to a splitter going to a bedroom connection on the ceiling & living room connection behind the tv.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:59 PM   #4
ChuckS

I own a 2014 Alpine..

Coax connections as follows..

Two connections in water compartment ..
1. Left one is cable feed.. feeds LR and BR via two splitters..
.. one splitter is behind BR TV set OTA (rooftop over the air power button)
.. this splitter feeds both BR and LR TV sets from EITHER OTA antenna signal OR park RV cable connection in water compartment

2. Right connection is water compartment is dedicated coax feed to LR TV set outlet only for SAT antenna.. no feed to BR for this coax connection

.. behind TV set there is a double coax wall plate that would have a coax connected to both connections if not using SAT antenna
.. if using SAT then coax loop is re over and bottom coax feed goes to SAT receiver and then fed ti TV set via HDMI cable

.. there is no signal dedicated coax to the BR TV set and the OTA power button must be OFF to be able to watch cable TV on either TV set.

Note… there is also another splitter in the basement access door on passenger side located up high under a black cover and splits feed to basement for outside TV set

You can buy a very simple coax tester to trace the coax feeds easily such as this unit…

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

The coax cable are ALL .. from factory RG6 but are not RG6 IP… (internet protocol)..

Also.. you WILL NOT find any wiring schematic for the TV coax runs for your Alpine nor will you find ANY electrical wire diagrams

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:55 AM   #5
Scttw

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I own a 2014 Alpine..

Coax connections as follows..

Two connections in water compartment ..
1. Left one is cable feed.. feeds LR and BR via two splitters..
.. one splitter is behind BR TV set OTA (rooftop over the air power button)
.. this splitter feeds both BR and LR TV sets from EITHER OTA antenna signal OR park RV cable connection in water compartment

2. Right connection is water compartment is dedicated coax feed to LR TV set outlet only for SAT antenna.. no feed to BR for this coax connection

.. behind TV set there is a double coax wall plate that would have a coax connected to both connections if not using SAT antenna
.. if using SAT then coax loop is re over and bottom coax feed goes to SAT receiver and then fed ti TV set via HDMI cable

.. there is no signal dedicated coax to the BR TV set and the OTA power button must be OFF to be able to watch cable TV on either TV set.

Note… there is also another splitter in the basement access door on passenger side located up high under a black cover and splits feed to basement for outside TV set

You can buy a very simple coax tester to trace the coax feeds easily such as this unit…

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

The coax cable are ALL .. from factory RG6 but are not RG6 IP… (internet protocol)..

Also.. you WILL NOT find any wiring schematic for the TV coax runs for your Alpine nor will you find ANY electrical wire diagrams
Holy jumpin, I feel like I hit the jackpot on finding the most knowledgeable person in the world on this topic.

Thank you VERY much!
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup
Old 06-16-2021, 08:48 AM   #6
ChuckS

Added 8mage of coax splitter used on 2014 Keystone Alpine showing frequency range of the splitter..

This will be a limiting factor most likely for internet signal as the switch is not IP rated..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D48DAE22-675E-4D4F-BDD9-11497EF6D11F.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	34110  

Old 06-16-2021, 08:53 AM   #7
ChuckS

This info will also be useful regard8mg bandwidth of spliitters.. it appears your OEM splitter is within the range for a cable modem feed..

But read this link for further understanding……

. https://blog.solidsignal.com/tutoria...r-my-splitter/

Old 06-16-2021, 09:20 AM   #8
Scttw

Okay, I think I follow you Chuck.

But as long as I leave the Modem in the BR, it should be fine, correct?

You could VERY well be right on the splitter. As I mentioned in my OP a few years ago I tried my satellite cable box in the LV and it would not work, but it worked perfect in the BR.

I think I'll just try it (when it arrives) in the BR.

Thanks again.
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup

Tags
satelite