Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2021, 03:03 AM   #1
proudpuppymom

Need Help...Second AC Not Starting

We just purchased a KS Cougar 23MLS and made our first trip from FL to MI. This rig has the InCommand system and we had the additional air conditioner installer by the dealer. The added AC worked fine until we arrived in MI. After plugging into 50Amp here, this AC shows on the display but doesn't start and the sensor reads an incorrect temperature. I tried just the fan and it doesn't start either. The sensor went from having a much lower reading than inside to just showing the "F" with no reading. The AC that came on the rig works fine. We called the dealer in FL and they couldn't tell us anything to try. The circuit breakers and fuses appear to be OK. I tried unplugging the power and the battery disconnect and waited 30 seconds and then powered all back up. Still no change. Do you have any suggestions on what we might try next. Its hard to even find a dealer here to get help.
proudpuppymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:50 AM   #2
ChuckS

I see you removed battery power and shore power to reset the system.. Only thing I can suggest trying...even though you have done the power kill thing is to turn the display commander off and then on the BCM do a hard reset and power the DC back up and see if the HVAC zone reads correct on temp display

Since it worked before then the dip switches on the gateway on the roof A/C unit are set correctly BUT the BCM is not talking to that unit across the CANBUS line..

IF the CANBUS phone line from Zone 1 to Zone 2 wiggled loose while towing then that could be your issue as well.. Especially since it worked before you towed...

The gateway .. if this second A/C unit is NON DUCTED will be located up inside the removeable panel on the ceiling where that A/C unit is at..

Look for what looks like a telephone cable and remove it and reseat back into same plug spot on the gateway box

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 03:24 AM   #3
proudpuppymom

Thanks for the response. Late yesterday I found a Gander RV that said they would work us in to look at the problem since we had purchased from one of the Gander RV stores (it also happens to be on the way of an upcoming trip). Your suggestion is quite an education so after researching the acronyms I understand what your saying and this will help a lot. We had been on a lot of rough roads just before the problem started so I'm hoping its just a loose or disconnected wire. Thank you so much for your help.
proudpuppymom is offline   Reply With Quote