Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2021, 12:01 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneKal View Post
Let’s see. The forum seems to say..not the dealers problem. Not the manufacturers problem. A lawyer won’t handle the case..not enough money. It’s all about the money?
It’s good to see that some offer suggestions on how to deal with the problem.
Speculation of "bystanders with good intentions".....

What has your dealer told you? What has Keystone told you? What is your "bottom line solution?"...

If you're not going to be happy unless Keystone steps up and changes out all the equipment on your roof vs the dealership can install a stand alone unit and I'm satisfied with that vs I'm not going to be happy until they replace the trailer....

It is "all about the money" for the dealer, for Keystone and honestly, for you...

So, not to put the ball back in your court, but what do you want as a realistic solution? Knowing that may help with "solutions"... Not knowing what you'll accept or what you want makes "fixing it extremely difficult"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:27 PM   #22
Ken / Claudia

Smile

I have been asked many times for free legal advice, it's not free. 10,000 up front and 250 an hour. It's all about money.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:01 PM   #23
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT_RV_Wife's_Idea View Post
Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the advice and comments. - some good points.
I disagree that the responsibility was mine to verify that I got the air conditioners and features that were advertised, but the fact that everyone seems to be unanimous in the opinion that I don't have a case, that seems to suggest the world doesn't work like I think it should (and y'all probably saved me some money in legal fees fighting a losing battle).
- so thank you. I asked for advice, and I'll take it.

Special thanks to the poster that pointed out the dealership culpability (skids).
And also to the poster that pointed out having the 3rd unit separate is probably better than omni-chill anyway. (Ibdagriz) - That will help me sleep at night, as well as the chilly 70 degrees.

Thanks again all.
Im not wired for a third AC though I wish I was. I have a 15k and 13.5k. I have a stand up portable 12k unit that I vent out a side window and don't have to empty any water. It does a good job, especially during initial cool down in 100+ heat. I tried using the 120 volt service at the post and was surprised to find it didn’t have any power. I now use a 30 amp splitter to 120v that I plug into. Works great for us. In cooler 80-90 degree temp we wheel it out as we do not need it. Might be an option for you?
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:35 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Let’s see. The forum seems to say..not the dealers problem. Not the manufacturers problem. A lawyer won’t handle the case..not enough money. It’s all about the money?

The issue in my mind is; I ordered "this or that", I expect "this or that", I think I paid for "this or that". Who is responsible for verifying the buyers expectations? The seller who has no idea and doesn't care or the buyer? Of course it's the buyer.

The brochure for an RV, salesman "talk", etc. etc. has zero bearing on what you are going to get. That IS the RV world. As in anything the potential buyer is 100% responsible to make sure the things they think are important are in the RV; truck; home etc. Assuming and expecting "what you want" is going to be there in all those situations is just naive.

And yes, it is all about the "money". Pay up front, pay attention and get what you want. If it's not exact, pay attention and pay the amount of time it takes to correct it. If not, you will assuredly "pay" out of your pocket for not paying "attention" as in most cases in life.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:58 AM   #25
notanlines

Kal, if you look closely, posts numbers 5,9,10,12,13,14,16 and 23 all offer suggestions to an amicable solution. There are some posts telling him he didn't perform 'due-diligence' when he purchased the RV and some telling him to dump the legal mumbo-jumbo. And one or two posters saying the members let him down.
If, as John vaguely suggested, that he may never be satisfied, then this entire thread was for naught. Better that he trade his unit or sell it outright and buy a nice boat. Nobody ever has troubles with their boats.
But instead, look closely at what Cavie described. A perfectly good solution to a problem that, on the surface, had no good solution.
Once the OP understands that there is nothing that will magically make everything 'okay,' he and his family can get started on making a change and having a good season.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:26 AM   #26
Javi

Personally, and this is just me..

If I were in the OP's shoes.. I'd check to see which side of the split the two A/C units are wired to... then see which side is wired to the garage prep... Swap them around at the breaker panel so that the bedroom and the garage are on the same line.. then slap on a 15K unit in the garage with single controls... Run the garage A/C when I'm in there and turn it off when not..

But that's just me...
Old 03-26-2021, 09:12 AM   #27
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
First of all I understand your frustration but blaming "the forum" as a whole isn't fair. When I see a long dissertation of issues ending with the "6) Legal advice? Do I have a case? Also, isn't this a potential class action lawsuit?" then I read that as this is your solution and you want reassurance. I'm sorry you didn't get that but I do believe the comments made were honest thoughts.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 02:18 AM   #28
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantel View Post
I assume you have the In-Command system? If so does it have the third A/C provisions in the floorplan loaded in your touchscreen? (should show up in the rotation of areas to select on the HVAC screen) If it does, you will need the gateway module to go with your third Coleman unit if you decide to put one in. There are post on these forums where people have done this in a DIY fashion.
I don't believe it works like that. The floorplan in inCommand represents what you have currently, not what you could potentially add later. I asked the folks at inCommand how this worked if I were to add a second AC in my own rig, and they told me they would just ship me a custom floorplan file. (I stopped considering a second AC when I realized that it would require upgrading my TT from 30A to 50A, way more effort than I was willing to take on.)
Old 03-31-2021, 03:54 AM   #29
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I don't believe it works like that. The floorplan in inCommand represents what you have currently, not what you could potentially add later. I asked the folks at inCommand how this worked if I were to add a second AC in my own rig, and they told me they would just ship me a custom floorplan file. (I stopped considering a second AC when I realized that it would require upgrading my TT from 30A to 50A, way more effort than I was willing to take on.)
Well mine had the provisions already included for the second AC. It was there on the screen all along it just didn’t do anything. By default it was the first one to show up and it was annoying because we did not have it. Several others have reported the same thing. Maybe not all floor plans come with the second already included but mine and others did.

I just reread your comment and see you have a 30 Amp RV. That is why you did not have the optional AC already in the floor plan since second AC’s typically require a 50 amp RV.
Brantel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:43 AM   #30
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
There is a very good chance you could add a second A/C if you put Soft Starts on both units without having to convert to 50 amp. Lots of folks run 2 A/C units on 30 amps using the soft starts, especially off generators. Worth checking out.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote