Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2020, 02:18 PM   #1
Wmjacksoniii

2021 Hideout 30RLDS

This may have been asked but I have been unable to find anything through a search. I have a 2021 Keystone Hideout 30RLDS. There are 2 grey tanks. Is it normal for the kitchen sink and the shower to be plumbed into the same grey tank, and the bathroom sink plumbed to its own grey tank?

There is two separate dump valves for the grey tanks, so I know they are plumbed together. I do not know what the individual grey tank capacities are, but there is a total of 70 gallon grey tank capacity according to the dealer.

If this is not the norm in how things are plumbed, would this be a warranty issue to be fixed?
Wmjacksoniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

How do you know they are plumbed like you describe? Looking at the floorplan I would say the bathroom sink and shower are plumbed into one gray tank and the kitchen sink into the galley gray tank. Of course the toilet goes to your black tank. I've had at least 3 trailers with that same layout and they all had the configuration I speak of. Below is a link to your trailer, you will have 2 39gal gray tanks;

https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-tr...ravel-trailer/
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:38 AM   #3
Wmjacksoniii

I know they are plumbed this way because I ran each water producing location until the tank sensors started indicating where the water was going. For example, I ran the kitchen faucet until the grey tank 2 showed that it was 1/3 full. Then I went out and figured out which of the grey tank dump valves was for grey tank 2. I went back inside and verified grey tank 2 now read empty. Grey tank 1 never changed from being empty.

I went back inside and ran the bathroom sink. This time grey tank 1 indicated it was the tank that was filling. Grey tank 2 was not showing anything. I went out side and opened the front grey tank dump valve and it drained. I returned inside and verified the grey tank 1 was now showing empty. Grey tank 2 remained empty while doing this with the bathroom sink.

I went to the shower and it was showing that it was draining I to grey tank 2. I was surprised. I filled it until the sensor said it was 1/3 full. I went outside and verified that when I opened the grey tank 1 valve, nothing came out. When I opened grey tank 2 valve water began draining. I drained grey tank 2 again.

I this time I ran the kitchen until grey tank 2 indicated 1/3 full. Then went to the shower and ran it. Grey tank 2 changed and went to 2/3 full. Grey tank 1 remained empty. I again went out and verified by emptying the tanks. Grey tank 1 dump valve opened and nothing drained. Grey tank 2 dump valve opened and the water drained out.

I did this to not only verify what was going i to which tanks, but also to make sure there was no leaks in any plumbing or plumbing fixtures.
Wmjacksoniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I'm not sure what they were doing when they plumbed it if the kitchen/shower are together and bathroom sink alone vs shower/bathroom sink then kitchen (galley).

That said, in the end you have one sink and shower draining into a tank and one sink into the other. I think the configuration you have will cause the shower to fill quicker and when it backs up into the tub might be a little more unpleasant. As far as Keystone saying/agreeing it's a warranty issue? I don't think that will ever happen.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout