Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
2015 Outback 323BH

Kitchen slide Jerking when going in-and-out

Hey guys I got a boy Keystone outback 323BH and when I run the kitchen slide in and out it will start jerking. Like its dragging on something. I tried to lube it but I can not gain access to the bottom to lube it. Any suggestions?
2015 Outback 323BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:09 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

It looks like it is a cable slide? Is that correct?

What keeps you from accessing the bottom of it. Is the slide bottom covered in Darco fabric?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:40 PM   #3
2015 Outback 323BH

Correct it has the black mesh underneath. If I pull the carpet flap up inside the camper I can't see anything there. I can attach a photo if that will help.
2015 Outback 323BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

The black mesh is Darco. It is attached directly to the bottom of the floor of the slide. The slide slides back and forth over a wear bar located under the slide, about 6" inside the bottom of the opening.

Look at the Darco. Are the edges frayed? If so the wear bar is getting to the Darco. Pull the seals out on the bottom and look under the slide. Are there any bits of Darco, seal rubber etc. under there? Look at the bottom of the slide; by the eye does it look like it may be a little warped? I would pull back all the seals and inspect them closely (top/bottom/sides) to see if any have torn or broken.

On the inside have you seen any pieces of carpet, linoleum etc. being pulled into the cabin? Pull the slide in 6-8 inches and look at the corners and under them; any debris there?

Your kitchen slide is the smaller slide if I recall from looking. I suspect you will find the issue by looking at the above. There is a small chance the cables need adjustment but I would bet you can find it with the above....or cleaning the bottom of the slide.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 04:49 PM   #5
K_N_L

Unfortunately most lubes seems to make the issue worse. Never had a issue with jerking till I used 3n1 rv slide lube. After a major cleaning the bottom of the slide with a degreaser, I used Zep45 and bingo no further issues. I switched to 303 protectant on the slide seals to keep them soft. Had to order the Zep 45 and it’s not cheap but it worked.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide