Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
donaldN01

248RKS docking light switch

I own a 2016Bullet 248RKS and the switch on the front docking light has become defective. Can anyone recommend a replacement part, or where I could find the part number for the switch. The "user manual" is of no help as this is so generic it had no model specific info in it. I would like to get as close to original as possible to avoid a retro fit look. - Thanks, Don
donaldN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Removing it may give you a make and model that you can google. Posting a photo for others to compare may help too. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
donaldN01

I was going to try to remove the switch to see if it had any info on it but thought I would try the forum first. Not sure if anyone had replaced one and I realize there are only a couple hundred types of switches on these trailers. All other lights in the trailer are LED, but the fridge light and this docking light are still incandescent. Thanks for the response -Don
donaldN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Keystone has used at least 5 or 6 different brands and types of switches on their trailers. Even on the same model, same year, same floorplan, you'll often find that there will be two different components used on trailers that are sitting on the dealer's lot side by side. As an example, if Keystone runs out of docking light switches on the Hideout production line, they will "borrow some switches from Cougar or Alpine" rather than shut down the line for a week, until the new supply arrives from China. So, what you have may not match the next trailer that came down the line, much less match the ones made 3 or 4 months later.

If you take a photo of your switch and post it, you may get lucky and find someone who has information to give you a lead on where to get a replacement. Otherwise, it's a "good guess" on a "sight unseen switch".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #5
08quadram

I would guess any automotive rocker switch will work. If it's like mine.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
ADQ K9

Make sure it is waterproof might be able to find one at a boat/ marine supply store if one is close to you.
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light