Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #21
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbyc View Post
Where Keystone has refused to fix the dented door frame or the steps, I really need to know if anyone else with MOR-ryde step have had a problem with the door frame or the screen door not closing because the frame has bent outward?
What I experience is that my door slightly resists closing when the stairs are up, and has to be slightly slammed... but as of yet I haven't noticed any dents or damage to the screen, door, or frame, and I have looked on occasion. It's clear that the stairs occupy a bit of the space that the closed door would like to occupy itself.

Exactly where are you seeing this damage? Is it on the actual door frame, i.e., the rectangle surrounding the door opening, or on the screen frame, or what?
Old 08-25-2019, 09:55 PM   #22
LewisB

Morryde Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbyc View Post
Where Keystone has refused to fix the dented door frame or the steps, I really need to know if anyone else with MOR-ryde step have had a problem with the door frame or the screen door not closing because the frame has bent outward?
If this was a used trailer (2019?), is it possible a previous user didn't forget and leave the steps out with the door CLOSED and then adjust/change his trailer height/level. This can lead to significant damage to the steps and/or door. And damage of this type is not covered by any warranty from either Keystone, Morryde, or the dealer. If you bought this brand new, then it may have been someone at the dealership and you might have some recourse.

Here's the warning that comes with each set of steps?

1543339434-RV Step Tip_v3.pdf

Hope this isn't your case. Good luck.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:34 AM   #23
blubuckaroo
Gone Traveling

Marine/RV batteries aren't true "deep cycle" batteries. Yes, they have a threaded post on top, but that's not the difference. You can tell the difference when you pick the batteries up. A deep cycle battery is considerably heavier. Also, it will say "Deep Cycle right on the label.
Those Marine/RV batteries have no business in being in an RV, and the dealers only install them because they are considerably less expensive than a real deep cycle "battery."
blubuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:31 AM   #24
jimborokz

"Has anyone had a problem with the MORryde steps denting the door frame? When you put the steps in the storage position, the foot behind the latch has dented the door frame. The steps latch, but somehow they hit the frame. I don't know if that's an adjustment thing or just installed wrong. "

We have a 2018 Montana 3731FL with factory Rorryde steps on two doors.

Ours do not have latches and the dealer said they stopped using the latch because people had trouble with them and they don't really need the latch cause there is no place to the steps to go once the door is closed.
Have you considered removing the latch.
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #25
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
Ours do not have latches and the dealer said they stopped using the latch because people had trouble with them and they don't really need the latch cause there is no place to the steps to go once the door is closed.

Have you considered removing the latch.

If it's the latch I'm thinking of, what do you do when you open the door and the stairs fall out on your head?
Old 09-07-2019, 01:31 AM   #26
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
If it's the latch I'm thinking of, what do you do when you open the door and the stairs fall out on your head?
The steps are spring loaded so they stay in place. You have to pull them down. Similar to the slam latch in the basement but not as pronounced in that they don't snap down or up. They just lift up very easily and then stay up till you pull them down. Maybe they added that when they removed the latch.
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, dent, doorframe, passport, steps