Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #1
shootah

Keystone Energy Auxiliary Fuel Pump

Hey all, I've done a little bit of googling and youtubing to try and help identify some problems with my fuel pump on my new-to-me 2014 Keystone Energy.

It's my understanding that the amount of fuel pressure I "should" be getting is a FAR cry from what I have been getting.

Symptoms: dispensed fuel pressure is extremely low. Takes forever to fill up anything. It literally dribbles out. [I'm assuming the previous owner did not heed the warnings to NOT let the pump run excessively without using it]

Cursory research: Fuel pressure should be a lot more than it is, based on fellow campers comparison pump, and general research. Rebuild kits are a breeze to install, and an affordable way to bring life back to the pump, aside from replacing it altogether.

Problem: Without completely disconnecting and removing the pump - I cannot see what model number the pump is, other than the obvious brand logo is GPI.

From reading and watching, it seems to me like its a pretty solid chance it's an EZ 8 pump. Unfortunately if there are any articles on this website to be found, "GPI" and "EZ" don't meet the 4 character search term requirement.

My questions are:
1: what are the straight up chances its an EZ 8 pump? (I'm pinning my hopes on these are fairly consistent between manufacturers)
2: what are the chances anyone knows of a Canadian (Alberta) distributor that sells a rebuild kit for these? [Other than a Stealership] (Amazon has them in the US, but don't ship up north.. troubles finding other distributors)

Thanks!
shootah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:53 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Are you asking about the "pump that's in the handle/fuel nozzle" ???

If so, there are several old threads about the gears swelling and slowing the pump mechanism, some even stopping the pump from working.

If that's the type pump you've got a problem with, let me know and I'll try to locate some of the older threads that give ways to correct the pump function.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, keystone