Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #41
OregonDuck

LOL. That pic of the 27RESWE looks pretty silly to me. And I'm sure that Keystone may have a good reason for it needing to be where it is on that model. I saw some like this when I was looking at options to buy, and some (such as the one I purchased) that were much more concealed. Just a diff in floorplans available and personal choice in the end?...

Welcome to the forum LOMBANA!
OregonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #42
Ken / Claudia

Like like exposed toilet plumbing because I can get to it and fix a leak or the valve. I have done both. I guess if did not like seeing any I would have not purchased the unit. Why is that one run that way, ask a service manager maybe they know, maybe not. Likely to save a buck.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:27 AM   #43
apachewolf

I owned a LANCE trailer prior to my Keystone Laredo. The Lance had exposed water line to the toilet too, BUT the had designed it with the white or opaque water line, which made it less obvious. On the Laredo I ended up cutting the 24" section and inserting a shut-off valve so that I could turn off the water to clean the toilet bowl without the water running or having to run outside to turn off ALL water.

Happy camping!
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #44
IHnutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 4 View Post
A new member (longtime TT owner by the way) puts up a post about an irritation. Some responses commiserated and suggested modifications while others grabbed the baseball bat with nails. Had I received some of those aggressive responses when I joined up I'd have run for the hills and found a more receptive group. I get it, an exposed supply line is a minor irritation and we all know how TT's are slammed out at the factory and don't we all complain about it at one point or another? I've read many posts about "Where's the switch"? or "I'm confused on grey and black water valves" that seem like they could easily be self diagnosed, but the responses are always helpful. Let's keep this forum fun and informative. You've all been very helpful with my questions and I'm thankful for the overall tone of 99% of posts. Streepping off the soapbox now.

Gentlemen and or Ladies (or to be politically correct - Persons),

I agree with what Number 4 has said. If I were new to this forum and had posted what the OP did I would have had to have a very thick skin to not be offended. Maybe at first glance his complaint seemed a bit petty but given the picture he posted later I feel he has a valid concern. For what we pay for new RVs I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a certain level of quality. NONE of us would have accepted that in a $250,000 new stick-built home! Granted, he may have been better served to voice his complaint to the dealer. But he didn't need the snide comments made by some here. Like#4, I'll go away now.

73's all
IHnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:49 PM   #45
Local150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBANA View Post
Thanks for all the great responses, I opted to illustrate my point to make it a little clearer, I'm not asking for perfection, just maybe asking for something that looks like it does on other manufacturers product at the same price point. Not too much to ask I think ...

The more times I look at this the more I say what were they thinking,, makes it look like water to the ****ter was after thought
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:02 PM   #46
OregonDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local150 View Post
The more times I look at this the more I say what were they thinking,, makes it look like water to the ****ter was after thought
Totally Agree! Would love to know why they couldn't have simply pulled that bad boy up through the wall directly behind the toilet.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:12 PM   #47
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDuck View Post
Totally Agree! Would love to know why they couldn't have simply pulled that bad boy up through the wall directly behind the toilet.
I think Aaron pokes it up through the floor and Jacob attaches it to the toilet where ever it might be.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #48
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
I think Aaron pokes it up through the floor and Jacob attaches it to the toilet where ever it might be.

Joe, I think you are 100% correct. From my experience, I would suspect that the toilet location is set, HOW the water line gets there is more or less just left to whoever is doing it. I figure if you took 5-6 units you would see different ways of getting that water line to the toilet. IMO not a good way to turn out a consistent product.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:36 PM   #49
OregonDuck

OK. I couldn't help myself and had to look up some dealer pics of the '18 27RESWE. It's not the pipe in that pic... It's the toilet! It's installed too far to the left.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:40 PM   #50
sourdough
Site Team

OK, for those that have made a Keystone factory tour; if I order my next trailer can I just "ride" down the line on the trailer and oversee/direct the construction? Maybe that would be a way for us to assure, to some degree, that there was some consistency and attention paid to the construction???
Old 10-25-2018, 05:10 PM   #51
OregonDuck

So I may need to stand corrected a little here... There are a ton of these where the toilet is placed just as LOMBANA's pic shows, with plenty of pex to share, LOL. Others (below) have it dead center to the corner, which looks like where the designer may have wanted it when they mapped out the plumbing?...

OK, I'll drop it now

Old 10-25-2018, 05:21 PM   #52
Steveo57

It would be easy to run the PEX nicer but it would take a few more minutes and a few elbows to route it better. They just run it in the shortest path possible and as quick as they can.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:24 PM   #53
sourdough
Site Team

If you've ever replaced a toilet, and I'm sure many have, the toilet orientation vs. the incoming stiff pex is critical unless you want to do a lot of needless "plumbing". The pic of the OPs situation looks like the pex was routed for a "straight shot" at the connection at the back of the toilet. Most efficient, prettiest, shortest? Who knows. The water lines are there. Do you like them? Do you want something different? Does a more expensive trailer give you a better "look" than what you are seeing? Go buy THAT trailer...to me.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:47 PM   #54
SJH

My toilet leaked where the base and the bowl bolt together. Brand new 70k Fuzion.
I found out 2 of the 4 bolts were broken or over stressed when dometic assembled the toilet. After taking it apart.....I find out the bolts are not available from dometic.....nice feature. Off to hardware store for some bolts ....not exactly the same but I made it work.
And the hits keep coming.... recall on the heater.....leaking gearboxes on all 3 slides....
Yes it is a 2018. I just make the repairs and go on down the road. I expect these things so I just except it. After all, pulling a rv down Americas highways is going to create problems. Wood, and aluminium held together with screws is going to present problems.
We love the lifestyle and don't regret it. So much can be said for having your bed, bathroom and food. The best part is the people we meet !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10513.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	19054  
SJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #55
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJH View Post
My toilet leaked where the base and the bowl bolt together. Brand new 70k Fuzion.
I found out 2 of the 4 bolts were broken or over stressed when dometic assembled the toilet. After taking it apart.....I find out the bolts are not available from dometic.....nice feature. Off to hardware store for some bolts ....not exactly the same but I made it work.
And the hits keep coming.... recall on the heater.....leaking gearboxes on all 3 slides....
Yes it is a 2018. I just make the repairs and go on down the road. I expect these things so I just except it. After all, pulling a rv down Americas highways is going to create problems. Wood, and aluminium held together with screws is going to present problems.
We love the lifestyle and don't regret it. So much can be said for having your bed, bathroom and food. The best part is the people we meet !!
My Thetford did the same thing at the same place. And as you say, the hits just keep on coming. What do you do? Just as you said, take care of it and go on down the road. I REALLY like your attitude! I think it is crucial for folks to be able to enjoy their trailer and not get sideways over every little thing that comes up....because they will; as you said, the hits just keep on coming.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:30 PM   #56
kayakjim

My dog got rid of my exposed plumbing real fast. Let me know if you want to borrow him for an hour. Best part is he disposes the water lines outside.
kayakjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing