Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2018, 03:22 AM   #1
garand41

Shower Controls

Having trouble regulating my cold water shower valve. You turn on the cold and by the the time you get the temp regulated the cold valve is almost closed. Hot valve works fine (normal) I just seems to take a lot of water and testing to get the cold adjusted properly. Anyone have a similar problem?

2018 Laredo 298 srl
garand41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 03:37 AM   #2
busterbrown

Don't know which type of shower faucet you have but I ended up replacing mine with 1/4 turn valves like this and it solved the endless task of setting a perfect water temp. There's even something like this single lever variety that might help.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:31 AM   #3
garand41

Shower Valve

Mine is like the first pic you sent except it has round knobs. I was hoping someone might know of a fix before replacing it. I've had the cold valve apart and couldn't see a problem.
I turn on the hot until it is too hot and start blending in cold, then it gets too cold. I have to back the cold off until it's barely on. Really doesn't make sense.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:54 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

"...and start blending in cold, then it gets too cold. I have to back the cold off until it's barely on."

It almost sounds like the cold valve isn't "tied tightly" to the cold handle/knob. I wonder if the valve is slipping or sloppy when opening/closing and although the handle stays in one position, the "innerds" are still being pushed further opened/closed by the water pressure?

I don't know of anyone who carries Dura faucet replacement parts (valves) so it may be cheaper and less frustrating to replace it rather than try to find parts to repair it.

Then again, changing it out may not solve the problem, the above is only a guess..... Please be sure to let us know what fixed it, if you figure it out.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:24 AM   #5
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand41 View Post
Mine is like the first pic you sent except it has round knobs. I was hoping someone might know of a fix before replacing it. I've had the cold valve apart and couldn't see a problem.
I turn on the hot until it is too hot and start blending in cold, then it gets too cold. I have to back the cold off until it's barely on. Really doesn't make sense.
The round OEM knob faucets aren't 1/4 turn and are the ones I had in my shower. Had similar issues with adjusting cold temps. The fix cost me $25 and about 15 minutes of my time. The 1/4 turns are much more precise.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:53 AM   #6
garand41

I checked the knob first thing ti make sure it wasn't turning on the shaft. It seems to operate right, it just doesn't dispense the water properly.

Where did you get the replacement 1/4 turn valves.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:53 AM   #7
bobbecky

I have purchased replacement parts for our Dura faucets from this company and shipping was quick. http://www.rvfaucet.com/replacement-parts/
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #8
garand41

Thanks Bob