Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2017, 12:52 PM   #1
LZScout

Adding Another Systems Monitor Panel

I have a 2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL. I've always been quite frustrated when it comes to dealing with the "waterworks" area on the driver side of the RV while having to consult or take action with the "Systems Monitor" panel that is mounted inside the RV. I would like to find, purchase, and install an additional Systems Monitor Panel in or near the "waterworks" area. I'm thinking that tapping into the existing wiring wouldn't be too hard and running connections to the new location. The only problem I might see is that the "pump" switch might be tricky to get to work from both panels unless I run connections to the pump. Has anyone else done this? A picture of my systems panel follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gaw6kubuop...nitor.jpg?dl=0

Thanks in advance,

Lantz

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:38 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I've not seen that question come up before on the forum, at least not in the last couple of years. I'm curious what your having to monitor by running back inside?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:56 AM   #3
LZScout

Adding Another Systems Monitor Panel

It’s mainly when I’m flushing the black tank that I need to watch the tank level so I don’t overflow it. Also, when I’m winterizing, I’m using the pump to siphoning antifreeze. It can drain a bottle fairly quickly. I also flush out the gray tanks at the end of the season. It would just be handy to have the monitor panel with the pump control at the same place I’m controlling the incoming water, which is on the opposite side of the rig. It’s also nice to know when the drinking water tank is full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote