Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
Bob Landry

Countertop Laminate

This info was posted in one of my replys, but it's good info and hopefully John will add my link to the sticky he created showing sources for parts and materials.

A company called Decotones buys laminate material from a Brazilian company called Lamitech. They in turn sell it to Patrick Industries who in turn uses it to manufacture the prefab countertops and table tops that Keystone and probably many others use in their trailers. If you need a piece of this laminate to build a matching whatever or repair a cracked countertop or table and you try to go through a dealer, they will try to sell you a manufactured counter or table top because that's all they can get from Keystone. If you go to Trekwood and find the year and model for your trailer, you can get the name of the color you need, go to Decotones website and find it. They will sell to individuals and the price they quoted me was $1.72 a Sq/ft. Add shipping to that and it's probably close to what you will pay if you have Home Depot order you a custom color laminate sheet.
This quest started as a result of being asked by DW to build a countertop extension so she would have more work space. I thought I already had enough colors clashing with each other and did not want to an another one to the mix. Keystone was no help and the dealer was no help. They have been helpful on occasion, just not this one, so I started looking. A lot of Internet searching along with some suggestions from forum members finally got me to Decotones and their CS guy was extremely accommodating.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
robo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-TABLE-TOP...item5afe600b8b. This it
robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
Bob Landry

I'm wondering if anyone bothered to read my post. I'm buying just laminate, not a counter top..

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
dtas

Thank you, Bob. I'm making an folding extension counter top and was perplexed as what material to use for the top. On another forum, they used a cutting board, which looked pretty nice, but I would like better the matching countertop. Well, let the seach begin...

Me-Danny
DW-Lynn
BigDog-Kelley
LittleDog-Kroozer
LittleCat-Dottie
NewCat-Billie
'98DodgeRam1500/ClubCab/4X4
'14Springdale202QBWE
dtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:52 AM   #5
dtm418

Another place for countertop laminates

I followed the instructions in Bob's original post. I found the name of my countertop but Decotones did not carry it. I did find it by the sheet at diy-countertops.

Hope that helps someone.

Dave
Grew up driving and camping in RVs
dtm418 is offline   Reply With Quote