Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2015, 06:48 AM   #1
cjelliott81

Sprinter 320 BHS - Slide Adjustment

I am having a bit of trouble with my living room slide, the slide appears to be binding as it extends and retracts, moving freely for the first foot or so than binding, grinding the slide movement to a halt and than releasing with an audible bang. it may do this two or three times through extending and retracting the slide. Currently the camper is in my driveway with the slide open ( extended to the point in which the motor clutch "ratchets") on the left side ( passive side) there is a 1/2 to 1 inch gap between the interior seal and the wall, with the larger gap at the bottom. The right side is sealed against the interior wall correctly.

In searching the forum, I would surmise that this is a trunion bar sync issue, however I do not see any way to adjust it. I went to Lippert's site and found the instructions, however my slide mechanism does not look like any of the systems on their site, I do not have any sort of adjusting bolts as indicated by the attached figure. The only adjustments I see are the vertical adjustment bolts on the outside edge of the slide. The only way I see to possibly adjust it is to remove the bolt from the passive trunion side, manually pull the right side of the slide out and re-insert the bolt, however I am fearful I will never get the bolt to line back up.

Attachment 8752
cjelliott81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Sprinter 320 BHS - Slide Adjustment

If you move the room in about 1/2 way, you can remove the bolt on the bar, and move the room. Another way is to figure out which way the square tube needs to rotate. Take the bolt out and tap the Extend/retract button just enough to get the needed rotation.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote