Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2015, 08:23 AM   #1
rtltspd

Water Pump Problems

We have a 2014 25ft rls Cougar the water pump has been a pain since day one. It will run when you are not hooked up to city and it just putts and does not run hard. I have checked all the lines in the trailer more than once. To make things worst it does not act up all the time. The only thing I have not done is replace the pump.
rtltspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I'm not sure I understand. "putts and doesn't run hard"? Is it not priming or just putting out a small amount of water or none ?
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
Ken / Claudia

I do not understand either. Are you saying the water pressure is to low and by checking the lines what did you check. Guessing at what your saying, maybe air getting in a water line.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
Rick

I agree with Ken/Claudia, or you could have a leak. Do the cheap things first. Look in all your cupboards where there's water connections to verify they're not leaking. If that's good, purge the lines of any possible air. Turn the pump on and open all the water outlets 1 at a time (hot and cold-don't need heater on for this) to purge any air from the system (and outside water outlets). If that doesn't fix the problem, you might be able to do some minor adjustments to the pump itself. Per the Shurflo water pump site for more things to check -
Correct voltage to pump +/- 10%
Loose drive assembly or pump head screws
Are the valves held open by debris or is the rubber swollen?
Pressure switch operation. By-pass set higher than shut-off

Hope this helps!

Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #5
00Buckshot

We recently purchased a 2007 TT and the previous owners had never ran the water. After getting it home I discovered the toilet valve needed to be replaced so I ordered one and replaced it. I then fired up the pump and all was good, so I thought. I seen a previous post regarding isolating the pump to make it quieter and while I was looking for the pump, I started to pull access panels until I heard a water leak. Long story short, the factory screwed right through the water line for the hot side of the shower. Just saying, it can/does happen.

Regards, Chad
Old 06-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
cb1000rider
Gone Traveling

Chad one thing coming from a 2004 model - new SureFlow pumps have gotten much more quiet... Probably the same thing with your model.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #7
rtltspd

Thanks the the one thing I have not tried is to purge the lines Iwill give it a try. Tm
rtltspd is offline   Reply With Quote