Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2015, 07:12 AM   #1
John&4

Leaking Black Tank Valve

We purchased a 2012 Keystone Vantage 32QBS last year. Used it every weekend in the summer and just took it out this past weekend for this years opening camping trip. Suits our family of 5 quite well.

We have it loaded down with stuff and tow with a 2005 1500 Dodge Ram Hemi Quad cab. I also use the Anderson weight distribution hitch along with Timbren overload springs. It does ok, but long trips are a bit tough. Will upgrade the truck soon.

Is there a thread started that may contain repairs done to other Vantage's? I have a leaking black tank valve, but also have an enclosed underbelly that looks to be all one piece!
John&4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:44 AM   #2
jsmith948

There have been several threads regarding tank valves. Don't know about the Vantage, but our enclosed underbelly is covered with a corrugated plastic about 1/4" thick. If you can locate where your tank valve is by looking for the actuator rod, you can remove a few screws along the edge of the coroplast and determine where to make a three sided cut to make an 'access' door.
A forum search for black tank valves should get you the threads.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #3
John&4

Thank you for the reply. I do know that my valves are cable operated, so the handle is not necessarily indicative of where the valve is. Also along this side is the gas line that is running over the edge of the underbelly.

Just don't want to take apart more than I need to and cause some other issue. I have no dealer within 100 miles that works on Vantage's. I have 3 Keystone dealers but none have worked on a Vantage.
John&4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #4
therink

This is how I fixed my leaking black tank valve: http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12533

and

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12593

They are pretty much all the same regardless of brand/model of trailer, the tanks may just be in different locations.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote