Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2014, 02:49 AM   #1
Smitty43

Sherveport and Jackson Ms.

I will be towing my 5th wheel to Natchez, Ms. this coming week. I drove down to Natchez from Monahans, Tx. this past week to get a spot for the RV and to take some stuff down and put in a storage unit. Interstate 20 through Shreveport has got to be one of the roughest roads I have been on, that's what I thought until I drove through Jackson, Ms. How anyone towing a 5th wheeler through there without some damage is beyond me. Thankfully I will be turning off 20 at Vicksburg and using the by-pass 220 in Shreveport.--Smitty
Smitty43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
gearhead

LA Hwy65 from Tallulah to Ferriday is a back breaker.
LA Hwy12 around Dequincy ain't no picnic either.
Birmingham AL may be our worse.
You finished with the Permian?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:27 AM   #3
Smitty43

Sorry Gearhead, I haven't been keeping up with my post. Yes, we are done with the Permian for the present, you never say never in this business. We are now in Houston after spending 4 months in Natchez.
Smitty43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:06 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I agree about Shreveport/Jackson. Right after we bought our new trailer (bumper pull) we headed out for FL using I20. Both sections caught me a little by surprise but I was only doing 60. Slowed to about 50 and that is still too fast. Thought I would lose the trailer or pull the hitch off. When we got to Mobile found that the sliding door to the bathroom had broken the glide, hangar/rollers, busted out the wooden trim above it and went completely behind the slide. Thankfully my wife saw it as I was extending the bedroom slide or the door would have really messed up the slide or vice versa. Unfortunately, we are going back that way again in 3 weeks and don't know that there is a better way - guess I'll just back it back off to about 40-45 and let the folks honk and wave their salutes
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #5
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty43 View Post
Sorry Gearhead, I haven't been keeping up with my post. Yes, we are done with the Permian for the present, you never say never in this business. We are now in Houston after spending 4 months in Natchez.
All my co-workers from Eagle Ford ended up in Midland. After living in Laredo Embassy Suites for months, I thought I was headed to Midland as well. But apparently they don't have many compressor stations to build. Good thing really, I've been retired 6 years. Sort of.
I'm east of Houston...Liberty.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote