Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
Randy_K

Slid Chatter

I am just about to start the second season with my first TT. I reinstalled the batteries and tested the fridge and furnace without issue. The slide went out good but when I brought it back in the slide started to "chatter" It seemed like the bottom would get stuck then jump a half inch then get stuck ....

I used spray silicone on all the seals around the slide but do I need to lube underneath somehow ?

Randy

< edit > Cant seem to fix the title, should read "SLIDE Chatter "

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
therink

I don't know if this will help but Iwas also experiencing some chatter on my big slide along with some ear piercing squeaking. It had been that way for a while. I tried lubing the slide mechanism and seals to no avail. Today I decided to remove the small access hatch in the belly and get a look at the slide mechanism and motor. I found that as the slide rail moves in, the bar slides in a U channel and there is a Teflon Disc between the u channel and bar where the two ride against each other. This area is where the squeaking was and could see that all metal surfaces were dry. I sprayed some white lithium grease into the u channel where the Teflon Disc makes contact. No more squeaking and the idea now moves smooth as it should.
I'm not saying this is your problem, but it solved mine.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote