Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
Tarfu

Tools and Parts

besides the basic tool kit, socket set, screw drivers, diagonal cutters, channel locks, hammers and vice grips, duct tape, electrical tape, and zip ties, what other tools and parts do you recommend? I will be living part time in my, new to me 2002 30' Sprinter, with most of workshop 600 miles away...there will always be a Wal-Mart, AutoZone, close by, but i would hate to need something that could have easily been stowed in the truck or TT.....I know this is an open ended question, but what have you left home and then regretted leaving it there....Bill

P.S. this will be my first RV, and not sure what I'm getting into....
Tarfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

If you go to the Prospective Owners section of the forum, there is a sticky there called "New RV Owner's Checklist". This is quite a comprehensive list that should provide you with a good idea of the necessities and some of the "extras".

You can also Google this......lots of stuff out there....
Old 04-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
bsmith0404

I keep this tool kit in the RV, small compact and has just about everything I need. There is a small basin in the center where I also added channel locks and snips. Of course a good hammer is required as well. Probably the most overlooked tool of all, lug wrench. I have a Gorilla Wrench I keep under the seat of the truck that also fits my RV lugs. Finally, consider what you will use as a jack, you are lifting a couple tons. I keep a 12 ton bottle jack, again for it's compact size. Check out the other thread as recommended as well.

http://www.kmart.com/craftsman-94-pc...W626582660001P

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote