Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2022, 08:31 AM   #1
{tpc}

Wiper Seal Question

What would one use to aid in removing and/or inserting a new wiper seal on a slide out?

I am guessing that if I can get one edge out of the top or bottom of the channel it rides in, I should be able to pull it straight out of and past that channel?

But I would think I am going to need to slide the new one up the channel, and depending on what residue might be left inside, I may encounter some trouble?

Original plan would be to slide it out of the channel as well, though it is split partially, right at the very edge of the channel. I imagine the more I work on it, the more that split might run all the way to the top of the channel, so my intention is to try and remove it by getting one edge started and pulling it out. The edges that hold it in might give some trouble, not sure though.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:18 AM   #2
1st Chev Diesel

Take a look at this wiper seal repalcement video.It may help you. Gary

1st Chev Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:25 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

What type of slide? There are different methods for different styles of seals.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:42 AM   #4
{tpc}

Unfortunately I can’t remember. It’s not the type as in the video. There is a narrow metal channel that it is slid into. I know I have the correct replacement as I had it shipped direct from forest river, and it looks the same as what is in it.

I want to say it’s a lippert? It doesn’t have the gear drive on the bottom, it uses a cable system. It has a secondary wiper on the inside which isn’t damaged. But the outer one, from being in the sun I would assume, is damaged.
{tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:58 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

You have a Norco BAL Accuslide. The seal pulls out from the bottom. You might notice the channel is pinched at the bottom to keep the seal from sliding down.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 04:48 PM   #6
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
You have a Norco BAL Accuslide. The seal pulls out from the bottom. You might notice the channel is pinched at the bottom to keep the seal from sliding down.
Ok thank you!! I’m probably going to attempt this tomorrow if I can get it in before the weather.

Of course the bottom is where it’s already split, but I’ll start there anyway.
{tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:47 AM   #7
{tpc}

This was very easy. Pull out the old one, push in the new one. Nothing special. Thanks to all for the information and help!