Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2024, 07:45 AM   #1
BlaiseKnoll

Looking for Sendel T04 16" 8 lug wheel

Long story short, need a replacement wheel. Searching all the sellers and not finding much luck.

2011 Keystone Montana 3665RE
BlaiseKnoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 08:06 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd recommend contacting Sendel and ask them. 866-320-6891

If the information available is correct, the T-04 wheel is no longer in production, but hopefully they will know if there is an "stockpile available" in some warehouse or distribution center.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 08:28 AM   #3
BlaiseKnoll

Appreciate the guidance. John.

Old 04-03-2024, 08:40 AM   #4
bobbecky

Those wheels haven't been available for years. Tredit was the supplier for those wheels and there is a lifetime warranty on them if your wheel has failed. Typically, they will supply a replacement wheel and many times you can get two so the wheels are the same on one side of the trailer. We still have all of our T04 wheels intact, but if I were to have a failure, I would probably just buy four new wheels.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:46 AM   #5
BlaiseKnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaiseKnoll View Post
Appreciate the guidance. John.
Answer from Sendel: Thanks for contacting us. Being from Michigan you will understand my response. You probably have a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa. Sorry but these have been gone for years and nobody in my network has one."

Old 04-03-2024, 12:00 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Answer from Sendel: Thanks for contacting us. Being from Michigan you will understand my response. You probably have a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa. Sorry but these have been gone for years and nobody in my network has one."
Yep, I understand, and wonder why nobody has broken all the foundation concrete under Cobo Hall yet...

Anyway, As Bob said, Tredit has a similar wheel, but it's not "exactly the same". You might talk with them and see how close they match. If it's close but not exactly, buying two wheels (so the same side matches) and leave the Sendel wheels on the opposite side. NOBODY is going to be looking that closely at your trailer to recognize that kind of mismatch.

On my trailer, a 2014 Cougar "early production build" I have 2013 decals on the road side and 2014 decals on the curb side. It wasn't until a couple years ago when I was looking at photos of the trailer that I saw the difference in how the "swoops" line up. There's one extra swoop on the 2013 side that's missing on the 2014 side. I'd have never noticed has not those two photos been sitting side by side....

You'll never notice the slight wheel difference because by the time you walk around the trailer, you'll have forgotten the critical details.... No need to buy 4 wheels unless there's more wrong with the other three than just a slight visual difference...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-04-2024, 05:05 AM   #7
BlaiseKnoll

I like your thinking, and will go that route. Also going to replace all trailer kings with Sailun's, part of the "long story".

Old 04-04-2024, 06:46 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
I like your thinking, and will go that route. Also going to replace all trailer kings with Sailun's, part of the "long story".
If those Trailer Kings are the OEM tires, they are "aged out" x 3 !!!!!

All ST tires "age out" rather than "wear out". There is a small oval molded into the tire sidewall, probably near the load capacity/max pressure information. That oval will have 4 numbers molded inside it. Those numbers relate to the week/year the tire was manufactured. As an example, 3512 would indicate tires manufactured in the 35th week of 2013.

The reason tires "age out" is that the polyester or nylon cording used in the sidewalls gets hot when towing or sitting in the sunlight. That heat causes the fabric to weaken and over time, reduces the sidewall strength of the tire. If you "lose enough strength" then you end up with a "big boom" usually at the most critical time, when you need the most tire sidewall strength.

So, check the date on the tires, if they're more than 5 years old, you're definitely ready for new trailer tires. Sailun S637 has become a very popular "heavy RV tire" by many owners.

As a side note, Discount Tire recommends replacing all automotive tires at six years and has stopped servicing tires that have a manufacture date older than 10 years, they won't touch the tire except to replace it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-04-2024, 07:21 AM   #9
BlaiseKnoll

Thanks John. These tires in pairs are 1 years old and 2 years old respectively. Since I'm getting two new wheels I'm just going all new all around with the tires so I sleep better when traveling. Probably a bit premature to do so, but going to be extra cautious and just do it. Thanks for all the information you have shared.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

In my opinion, it's NEVER premature to get rid of Trailer King tires, especially on a "heavy fifth wheel". They just don't have the "enduring quality or reliability" of better choices in tires....

In re-reading my previous comment, I made a mistake in explaining the tire manufacture date. I said, "3512 would indicate tires manufactured in the 35th week of 2013"... I intended to say, 3513 would indicate the 35th week of 2012. There's no "grace period of a year" Sorry for that mistyped error.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS