Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2022, 03:38 PM   #1
ceasefire

Nice idaho camp grounds

If you are planning to fish the Clearwater out of lewiston heading up 12 there are two pretty nice full service campgrounds on hwy 12 the first is mackays bend blm nice and clean up the road near orofino is pink house. Right on the Clearwater. Heading up the Clearwater and where it turns into the confluence of Selway and lochsa
And near the lochsa lodge is usfs campground that has 23 sites that are electric only.
Down the road is lolo hot springs pretty crowded but nice place to relax in natural hot springs.

Plenty of fishing sites along both forks of the bitter root.

Continuing over 93 drop into Salmon my favorite deal is the go to the left towards lemhi and to birch creek blm site all dry camping but you are right on creek for some excellent trout fishing

Then I head up towards 15 and take the arco cut off or you can go back through salmon and
Down 93 through challis good fishing on salmon River and the cut off towards Stanley.

Then one of my favorite spots. Mackay resevoir.

Good fishing as it's well stocked nice trout and other species it's a irrigation resevoir so late summer you need boat.

By the way if you feel brave head up through orofino take the left at the end head through headquarters cross the bridge and hit the north fork of the clearwater River. You won't be disappointed .
ceasefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 12:47 AM   #2
hornet28

I'm not a fisherman but I can vouch for Pink House campground. It's very nice and a beautiful spot on the river
1917 T roadster 270 Hemi/4 spd
34' car trailer w/63" semi sleeper on the front
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote