Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2021, 04:00 PM   #1
RK1978

Miami area parks

We will be taking a cruise and then visiting family in Miami in late February, so I was curious about this group's knowledge of campgrounds in that area. Also would it be better to rent a spot and leave the trailer there while we are on the ship, or try to find a storage area where we could keep power on the trailer to keep freezer running. I believe there is rv parking near the port but it may cost as much as leaving our trailer at a campground for that time.
Thanks for any advice.
PR
RK1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
Bill-2020

Good luck finding one first. Snowbirds and others snatch up most of Florida here in our colder months. One reason why we are headed north for the holiday week.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:57 PM   #3
RK1978

Yeah I see what you mean. We found a spot, Hollywood KOA, and it is very expensive. It would be cheaper to fly from IND and rent a car, but with my wife in a wheelchair and unable to transfer or move herself, public transportation is very difficult. With the lift I added to our trailer and internal modifications, we are able to travel reasonably well in our own little world so the added cost is well worth it.
Old 12-07-2021, 03:33 AM   #4
Marinerjoe

We have stayed at the DelRaton campground which is north of Boca, but not too far away. Give them a shot. And good luck!
TV: 2022 Ford F-350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB
Marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 05:28 PM   #5
RK1978

We made it to Miami, went on our cruise and made it back. Hollywood KOA was OK once we got parked, we had a back-in site with a pole on either side of the site and the office in front, so it was challenging getting in since one of the poles was in the blind spot. The lady was vary nice but she felt she needed to "help" me back in and kept shouting confusing and sometimes incorrect directions. All I really needed her to do was watch the pole in my blind spot but that didn't happen. Miami drivers are the WORST I have ever seen, and I have driven in every state except Alaska, Vermont, NH, and Maine. People also like to drive loud vehicles late at night.
We will be going on the same cruise next winter but hope to reserve something closer. Everything we wanted to do was 25-30 miles away. One surprise was that fuel was cheaper in the Miami area than along I-75.