Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #1
mike95776

Springdale 2020 entry door hinges sticking

The entry door hinges will not allow the entry door to open and close easily.... It has been this way since we bought the trailer new...and it seems to be getting worse... I have tried all kinds of lubricants to no avail.... I guess I should have called it out when I got the trailer... but they said this is way it works so that the door does not fly open.... I now call BS

Any ideas?
mike95776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:03 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It's "not BS" so no need to suspect that your dealer has some sinister plan to make your life miserable....

The "latest and greatest" from the RV door designers is a "friction hinge" that has a "dimple" in the female part of the hinge, on assembly, they "drive" the make part of the hinge into the female end, against that "dimple". What that does is provide friction "so the door doesn't fly open, exactly as your dealer explained it to you.

Problem is, as with most things in RV's, the "test and development" is done on customer's trailers. When it works, everyone's happy, when there's a problem, it's usually after the warranty expires and it's not a problem for the manufacturer.....

Right or wrong, it's "yours to fix"....

The easiest way is to repair your door "at home".

Take a look at this thread which started in 2013 (so as you can see this is not a "new" problem) https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=10533

Look particularly at post #10. It's pretty much a "self explanatory fix" if you're somewhat handy with hand tools.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:45 AM   #3
mike95776

Thanks for the quick reply... Looks like a very doable solution.
I searched all over the place on this forum and could not find an answer...
mike95776 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale