Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2022, 06:03 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbwell View Post
I have a 2014 333mks and I am having issues with my control panel. I have 2 rows that don't work, but if I reset the power it will work for a while. Recently when I turn power on to the panel my awning will extend on its own. I am looking to get the panel replaced but the dealership is having a hard time locating a replacement panel. Trekwood had a replacement on their website. I called them, they said they no longer carry that panel. Has anyone had luck getting a replacement panel for their 333mks, if so who did you use? If you have part numbers and contact information I would appreciate it.
This is EXACTLY the reason that ChuckS, myself and others are concerned with the current generations of In-Command, KeyTV and Solar Flex. When the auto industry evolves to new models, they sell the technology to aftermarket suppliers, or the OEM suppliers begin manufacturing aftermarket products. That doesn't happen in the RV industry and almost all of the "one off electronics" as well as the "brand identified specialty products" become extinct about 2 or 3 years after they are not longer being used on the manufacturing line for current year trailers.

Things like axles, bearings, appliances (with the exception of Atwood refrigerators) tend to survive in some form for years after production, but the specialty products become extinct frequently, even though the actual trailer has a significant "lifespan" remaining.....

I don't know where you could find a replacement part, but you might find a salvage part from some place like Boontragers or another RV salvage yard. There's a list of "RV suppliers" listed here: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=12986

Good Luck searching, hopefully someone may know of a lead to point you in the right direction.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 08:06 PM   #22
Biff Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbwell View Post
I have a 2014 333mks and I am having issues with my control panel. I have 2 rows that don't work, but if I reset the power it will work for a while. Recently when I turn power on to the panel my awning will extend on its own. I am looking to get the panel replaced but the dealership is having a hard time locating a replacement panel. Trekwood had a replacement on their website. I called them, they said they no longer carry that panel. Has anyone had luck getting a replacement panel for their 333mks, if so who did you use? If you have part numbers and contact information I would appreciate it.

Good evening- Our 2013 327RES had the same issue with the control panel. The bottom two rows of the panel did not work. We had a RV tech come out and helped with troubleshooting.

We discovered that the landing leg connection on the main control panel in the underbelly had lost power. The RV tech believed that the landing leg relay had probably tripped, during a surge, and never reset. (We have an older panel that does not have fuse protection built into the board).

The tech made a jumper wire and connected power from the master relay, leading from the battery, to the control panel. Once we reestablished power to the landing leg connections, the inside panel began to work again.

By the way we have a wiring schematic for the control panel located in the under underbelly. I can provide that if needed.

Hopefully this helps!

Roger
Biff Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote