Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2022, 04:24 AM   #1
Johnnyo

Tv mounting

Hi, what size tv should I get for my keystone Springdale ? And the sticker has written on it mounting lcd tv mounting bracket location. Is that the only area withen the sticker I can fasten it or can I utilize the whole area?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220508_080812.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	39654  
Johnnyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:48 AM   #2
Weldon

You can tap on the wall and tell where there is solid wood behind it. We have 2 in our TTs and both are where keystone suggested mounting. In our bedroom, we have a 32" or 40" I believe...it was there when we bought it so I've never measured. In our main area by the kitchen table, I would think it's a 19" to 26". The mount swivels so it can compact against the wall (I installed a bungee so it wouldn't move during travel)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220406_105600.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	39659   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220406_105613.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	39660  
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:04 AM   #3
jazzman4

I am surprised that manufacturers seem to no longer install TV at the factory. Now on to reality - I just purchased a 2022 Keystone Hideout which, of course, has no TV installed inside a box that was obviously made to house a television. There was no sticker on the backboard regarding this being a suitable place to install a TV mount. To further complicate matters, I had read somewhere that if there is no sticker, then that means don't try to install TV mount in the area. I am not much of a DIY person so was very nervous about installing a mount to hold a 40" TV. Friend came over and we used a stud finder and was surprised to find that there were no studs in the center of this spot. They were about 12 inches or so on either side of center. Luckily stud finder was accurate which we found out by drilling very small pilot hole into the wall to see if we hit wood which we did. We were then able to successfully mount to long boards one above the other to the wall to which we finally mounted the vertice metal tV mount. Would have been terrific if there were a sticker showing stud locations from the manufacturer rather than being silent on the matter and the consumer hoping he/she hits the right spot. Anyway, final word is measure across your planned mounting wall to see how large a TV will fit. Use a stud finder to locate studs in the wall which you can then mount your bracket on. Good luck.
jazzman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:49 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Some things to consider, especially in these times of "almost impossible to find people to work" that we're currently facing:

The "new cleaning lady" may be working on her first trailer and being "super dedicated to her new job" may determine that the decal in the middle of that blank wall is detracting from the hard work she did to clean the area, so she may "just move it up to the corner so people can better see the results of her work".....

Or, the "design engineers at the factory" may have determined that a "left oriented swing arm TV mount" would provide better viewing experiences, so they contacted the "draftsmen" to request a change in "mounting plate location" to be 12" to the left (or maybe to the right) on next years models, but.... As with any "well oiled machine", the people writing the owner's manual didn't get the update and neither did the decal placement people on the line, so the mounting plate got moved in the "sidewall fabrication plant" but nobody on the assembly floor was aware...... And the result could easily be that the cleaning lady actually moved it closer to the plate than the factory worker that actually put the decal in the trailer.......

And, let's don't forget the 8 year old that's accompanying mom and dad as they walk through unlocked trailers who brings a decal to mom saying, "Look what I found"... So mom, trying to not look too conspicuous, either folds it up and puts it in a drawer (can't be stealing that way) or goes to the bedroom and puts it where there's a blank spot, possibly even on the wrong wall, but hey, don't blame the "unsupervised kid" as they go on to the next trailer.....

DON'T BELIEVE ANY DECAL IN ANY TRAILER !!!!!

All that said, also remember that Keystone builds two "trailer sidewall designs"... One is aluminum framed, laminated walls (usually with aluminum mounting plates welded in place, but probably not directly behind the luan interor wallboard, but with a half inch or more styrofoam between the wallboard and the plate) and the other is wood framed, hand insulated trailers with wooden studs, aluminum skin and luan interior walls that are "hollow with fiberglass insulation. That type trailer usually has a plywood/OSB mounting plate that's stapled between two wall studs. So stud finders may or may not be capable of detecting the "hollow space between the wallboard and the mounting plate"....

Usually a sharp needle held in vice grips will pierce the wallboard and detect the density of the mounting plate much better than "drilling lots of holes in a walking pattern" or "trusting the new cleaning lady"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:47 AM   #5
Johnnyo

Thank you very much for the information
Old 05-11-2022, 04:22 AM   #6
Johnnyo

Thank you for the information
Old 05-16-2022, 04:16 AM   #7
wrvond

I had no sticker on the wall in the bedroom so I used a stud finder and blue tape to mark out the area with the backer board. The board is mounted to a stud in the corner and a second stud. The vertical blue tape off to the side is another stud in the wall. There is no backer board between those two studs. I used an offset mounting bracket that allowed me to mount the television closer to the center of the wall. It's also tilted slightly downward to make viewing more comfortable from the bed. It's a Visio 32" smart TV. I think it weighs 17 pounds or so.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tvmount.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	39765   Click image for larger version

Name:	tvmount002.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	39766  

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:27 AM   #8