Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2022, 04:05 AM   #61
GlasNav

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Papa View Post
Looking to do the same with our cabinet doors. What length did you get for the 20N and 30N struts? Thanks!
20N Compressed 5.25" Extended 7.25"
30N Compressed 6.75" Extended 10.5"
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:53 AM   #62
Johnnyv505

Thanks for the positive contribution. We looked at 25RDS and it is a wonderful floor plan and apparently a quality product. We have a 2019 F150 Lariat 4x4 and wondered how the 25RDS tows behind your truck.
Johnnyv505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:14 AM   #63
BubbaShoots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyv505 View Post
Thanks for the positive contribution. We looked at 25RDS and it is a wonderful floor plan and apparently a quality product. We have a 2019 F150 Lariat 4x4 and wondered how the 25RDS tows behind your truck.
Towing with F150 comfortably requires some upgrades. I changed from a Blue Ox SwayPro WDH to a WeighSafe True Tow WDH and it made a HUGE difference. I also replaced my OEM tires with E rated tires to remove the squishy wiggles (the feeling of driving on marshmallows). In hindsight a D rated tire may have been sufficient. The 25RDS is a little tongue heavy (I have the second AC which adds weight to the front) so I’m always fighting tongue weight, moving heavier items (electrical cables) over the trailer axles or to the back (quilts). I keep my water/waste tanks empty when towing. A 3/4 ton would solve all these problems but the F150, with the upgrades, is sufficient for me. The 5.0L V8 has no problem pulling this trailer. I have towed over 8,000 miles in various terrain and traffic. I have a lot of towing experience and have no plans to change trucks.
WeighSafe True Tow WDH
SoftStart on both AC’s, 2 Honda 2200 generators connected in parallel
Retired, 1 wife, 2 dogs
BubbaShoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:35 AM   #64
Jim keller

I can’t get my stabilizers to work,Can’t find the fuse either.They work manually with the hand crank so they aren’t stuck.Also,the slide and awning won’t go out or in with the in-command system,but will work in the bypass mode in the storage space.Any suggestions?
Jim keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:55 AM   #65
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim keller View Post
I can’t get my stabilizers to work,Can’t find the fuse either.They work manually with the hand crank so they aren’t stuck.Also,the slide and awning won’t go out or in with the in-command system,but will work in the bypass mode in the storage space.Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum.

My first suggestion is to share the year and full model name & number of the trailer. This will give you answers with a lot more relevance and eliminate the "back & forth" bantering to find out. The easiest thing to do is to create a signature by going up to the top of page and open the UserCP. Enter the year, make & model of truck and trailer and it will be there every time you post.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:58 AM   #66
Cougar25

The 3.5 liter eco boost pulls like the trailer isn't even back there. Never a problem getting up to speed, and we see about 10.5 mpg at 63mph. We put an Equalizer WDH on it and our dealer tweaked it to a perfectly level combination. We towed about 6,000 miles last year on Trailer King OEM tires, but I replaced them this spring with Goodyear Endurance. Like Bubba Shoots said, it is tongue heavy (we also have the 2nd A/C). It takes some moving things around to get it down to about 12%. Almost no sway...if I detect any, then I know my tongue weight needs more adjustment. All in all, it is easy to tow and I've never had an issue with it.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:11 AM   #67
GlasNav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyv505 View Post
Our truck is a RAM 1500 Classic 4x4, 5.7, 8 speed transmission with tow package. The ratio of the differential isn't the greatest as it is designed. But, I'm not purchasing a new truck for occasional low fuel mileage while towing. I installed an AirLift 5000 air bag kit, that along with a Husky Centerline TS hitch keeps everything level and it tows great. So far in the last six months made two roundtrips to Vandenberg SFB (AFB) from NE Kansas, no issues, we try to avoid high winds when the high profile vehicle wind warnings are posted. Been thru a heavy snowstorm in Flagstaff and the truck handled the conditions without any problems. Determine the braking distance and adjust the speed and spacing accordingly. I avoid driving on ice and won't even consider towing on icy roads. We aren't full timers, but, we do use the 25RDS year round; this has enhanced my winterizing technique between winter trips.
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:48 AM   #68
Kaylodad

"Shake down cruise" this weekend. Only mod was 15 minutes to install two thin shades in the doors.

Had a pre-booked service appointment for the day after, service advisor gets his tablet out to start writing: One deadbolt misaligned and the table is wobbly, what else he asks and I say that's it ... big smile.

Door lock question - there seems to be no way to lock the door (not the deadbolt but the handle) from the inside, which would mean it has to be either left unlocked overnight or locked from the outside which would add significant risk to locking ourselves out -- am I missing something?

Moving from an Aliner to this trailer has been both overwhelming and awesome. Our millennial kids say we've gone soft -- yup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3775.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	39593  
Kaylodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 09:18 AM   #69
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylodad View Post
"Shake down cruise" this weekend. Only mod was 15 minutes to install two thin shades in the doors.

Had a pre-booked service appointment for the day after, service advisor gets his tablet out to start writing: One deadbolt misaligned and the table is wobbly, what else he asks and I say that's it ... big smile.

Door lock question - there seems to be no way to lock the door (not the deadbolt but the handle) from the inside, which would mean it has to be either left unlocked overnight or locked from the outside which would add significant risk to locking ourselves out -- am I missing something?

Moving from an Aliner to this trailer has been both overwhelming and awesome. Our millennial kids say we've gone soft -- yup.
A photo of the interior portion of your door lock would be helpful. On ours, there is a "HUGE RED LEVER" that you simply can't miss that activates the dead bolt. It would be "easy to overlook" the small hole where that lever shaft goes into the lock if the lever were "missing".... A photo would be a means to know for sure if it's missing.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 10:40 AM   #70
Kaylodad

The red lever is there and we can lock the deadbolt, just can't lock the door handle itself from the inside like you can from the outside.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:18 AM   #71
JRTJH
Site Team

Mine works the same as yours. If I turn the red lever, the deadbolt slides into position. If I pull the door handle it will "slightly open" as the "slam lock tabs" pull away from the door frame catch. There is no "positive lock on the key cylinder from inside the trailer. Your locks are working as they were designed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:19 AM   #72
pawpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar25 View Post
The 3.5 liter eco boost pulls like the trailer isn't even back there. Never a problem getting up to speed, and we see about 10.5 mpg at 63mph. We put an Equalizer WDH on it and our dealer tweaked it to a perfectly level combination. We towed about 6,000 miles last year on Trailer King OEM tires, but I replaced them this spring with Goodyear Endurance. Like Bubba Shoots said, it is tongue heavy (we also have the 2nd A/C). It takes some moving things around to get it down to about 12%. Almost no sway...if I detect any, then I know my tongue weight needs more adjustment. All in all, it is easy to tow and I've never had an issue with it.
Same here. Towing the same model with a '21 Expedition and once I jettisoned one of the propane tanks and loaded the camper like when we had a toyhauler this vehicle tows nicely. Winds finally died down to the 5 to 10 mph range so that helped a lot also. Son in law tweaked the Equalizer and I aired up the trucks 10 ply BFG's to 65 psi to help stiffen up the ride. No long trips planned and with only a 23.5 gallon tank I won't have to stop every 200 miles for fuel. Just wife and I and packing light in the camper and tow vehicle so the camper actually feels light accelerating and stopping. Now to address the Trailer King tires!!
Old 05-20-2022, 03:39 PM   #73
Moose29

We have the same 25RDS and love it!
No issues over the 5 times we have had it out.

Dave & Ellen
Calgary AB
2021 Cougar 25RDS
2012 Titan Pro 4x
Upgrading to F250 w 7.3 soon
Moose29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:42 AM   #74
Bob N

Greg and all other 25RDS Owners: Just a quick question. When you bought your 2022 25RDS, did you get a manual crank for the tongue jack and the stabilizers; to use in case all power goes south. Also did you get a hose for your outdoor shower? When I asked about these items, I was told by my dealer that the trailer does not come with these items. Just checking with other owners to see what happened with their purchase. Thanks, and have a great season!
2022 Cougar 25RDS with
600i-L Package
Blue Ox Track Pro WDH
Bob N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:06 AM   #75
Kaylodad

Yes to all - outdoor shower hose, manual crank for levelers were all in the storage bay and the most interesting (important?) the flexible connector for manually working the slide out was in the blue document folder.
Old 05-24-2022, 11:54 AM   #76
BubbaShoots

Quote:
Yes to all - outdoor shower hose, manual crank for levelers were all in the storage bay and the most interesting (important?) the flexible connector for manually working the slide out was in the blue document folder.
The same for me.
WeighSafe True Tow WDH
SoftStart on both AC’s, 2 Honda 2200 generators connected in parallel
Retired, 1 wife, 2 dogs
BubbaShoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 12:03 PM   #77
gregrc75

Quote:
Yes, same for me.

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:04 PM   #78
Bob N

Quote:
Thank you for the info. I did receive the slide tool in my Blue Keystone Bag. Thanks for that heads up
2022 Cougar 25RDS with
600i-L Package
Blue Ox Track Pro WDH
Old 05-24-2022, 05:07 PM   #79
Bob N

Thanks all of the 25RDS owners That replied

I appreciate the quick response from all of you other lucky 25RDS owners. This might help me get my additional supplies. Thank you all very much.
2022 Cougar 25RDS with
600i-L Package
Blue Ox Track Pro WDH
Old 05-25-2022, 08:45 AM   #80
pawpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
I appreciate the quick response from all of you other lucky 25RDS owners. This might help me get my additional supplies. Thank you all very much.
Received mine also.

Tags
cougar