Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2022, 03:30 PM   #1
Notalucky

unable to receive power from working 30amp service to trailer

Hi when battery is fully charged, and plugged into a 30amp service, its like the ac will turn on the blower anyway but soon all lights dim up i think im running just on battery or what could be draining my batteryy? could the converter be bad? do I have an inverter? 2007 Keystone Copper Canyon 5th wheel. worked fine last summer until last camping trip then this happened just trying to get it up and running have reservations with my son and grandsons and need the trailer. any help woud be appreciated
Notalucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:42 PM   #2
jsb5717

Welcome aboard!

1. Unless you have a residential refrigerator you likely don't have an inverter.
2. You have a converter which converts the incoming 120v to 12v to operate lights, fridge, etc. and to also charge your batteries while connected
3. The AC runs only on 120v and will only work when plugged in. Your AC has nothing to do with your 12v system. Make sure the fan is set to Auto...not Low or High. That should keep it from running all the time.
4. Dimming lights:
---a. you could have bad batteries. How old are they? I would remove them and have them load-tested
---b. you could also have a bad converter. A properly working converter can run your 12v systems without batteries while you're plugged in to 30a/120v.

Last summer I had to replace both the converter and batteries at the same time.

There could be other things at play but checking the output of the converter and the quality of your batteries is a good start.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:39 PM   #3
Terry W.

Here is my take the A/C operates on 120v but controlled by 12volts. Just like ice box works on 120 & has but 12 bolt controlled. The converter has either 1or2 fuses that could be blown.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power