Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2022, 01:32 PM   #21
Hoopy Frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzneft View Post
I am still waiting for my Lippert SolidStep stairs. Been two months now. Supply shortages I was told???
Shoot, I'd give you mine if it wasn't such a hassle to install the fold out steps. There's no framework to work with. I'd like to meet the guy who decided the SolidSteps were a good idea. I'd give him a good idea. They have to be adjusted at about every stop, you have to make sure the ground where they end up isn't too high, like a concrete patio, they have to be brushed off and cleaned every time before putting up, and you still end up with dirt/mud inside. If there are issues deploying the steps, you can't get in the trailer. And heaven forbid you forget to put them up if you have to move the trailer a little bit, or you need to raise or lower the trailer. They just flat out stink. IMO of course.

"Don't Panic"
Hoopy Frood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:55 PM   #22
snelson600

My husband and I removed our old steps from our Keystone Cougar fifth wheel and installed the Lippert GlowSteps all within a half hour! That was 4 years and around 50,000 mile ago and we LOVE THEM! Have never had a problem with using them on uneven ground, that's where that design SHINES! We especially enjoy them because I like to get out at sunrise and he likes to sleep in a little longer. He never feels me going down the steps anymore. We recommend them to many people, especially over the MORyde "dump truck" steps. (The folding in ladder type that dumps stuff all inside your rig when you fold them in).
The GlowSteps can be a little tricky in the extending (and re storing) from the RV. You
must do things (pull, lift, etc) in the right order. Luckily, LCI puts the sequence right on the top bar of the stair carriage. Pay attention to that and all will go well. Otherwise you may end up with your top step made for someone a foot taller than you!

One other thing was to replace the locking pin with an longer one. Picked it up at a larger Ace Hardware. This gives me a little mor leverage on the removal of the pin. I made that suggestion to LCI, maybe they have changed that on the newer ones.

I hope you enjoy your stairs as much as we do!
snelson600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:11 PM   #23
Kzneft

I choose the solidstep because in looking at many reviews on YouTube everyone was liking them better than the MorRyde ones, especially of the large first step. Note: I don't think Lippert makes the glowsteps???
Kzneft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:24 PM   #24
Nitehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi_guy View Post
Have you been using these steps long? Do you find they trap things in at all?
I have been using my step like these for over two yrs Love them , so easy to adjust on uneven ground and nothing dumped in the trailer when you flip up the other type of steps. the safe guards did not last to long on my steps they became a hassle and I removed them. not sure if i installed them properly or not but they came loose and collected mud and sand , and in the end when they stretched loose i just removed them
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:51 AM   #25
wifi_guy

Used the GlowSteps a couple of times now and man they are nice. The more you use them the more you appreciate them. I'll still stand my ground on the fact they are pricey, but more and more I am starting to think it was worth it.
wifi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet