Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2022, 03:27 AM   #61
RickV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
Good Day, as for the HiSpec Oracle tire it is still relatively to the market, the Oracle tire was designed by our team of engineers that prior to joining our team. Spent year in Detroit working in the automotive industry, there goal was to create a brand of tires that meets the needs of RV users. The HiSpec Oracle is made using High density polyester plies, high strength steel belts, and a nylon overlay. The engineers also put in a lot of time on the construction of the tire to help reduce heat buildup while towing heavy loads. Not only do we have our own testing facility, we also use third party testing to ensure we are making a quality tire. Our goal is to earn customer loyalty with our tires in the same way we have with our wheels.
Please see this thread https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...767#post491767

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 06:27 AM   #62
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Rick, The Hispec rep hasn't been on this site (or logged on) since last November. He may have gotten tired of trying to defend the Hispec product.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 10:49 AM   #63
The Dogpound

Hi Spec tires 2022 Avalanche

I’m a full time 5er and have Hi Spec Oracles on my Avalanche. I check PSI before every trip and make sure they are at cold rating on tire. Never drive more than 65. Tires are wearing like they should and I’ve had no issues.
The Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:34 AM   #64
RickV

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dogpound View Post
I’m a full time 5er and have Hi Spec Oracles on my Avalanche. I check PSI before every trip and make sure they are at cold rating on tire. Never drive more than 65. Tires are wearing like they should and I’ve had no issues.
I made it from North Florida to Kalispell Montana and back last year tires were fine. Drove 100 miles from home and 💥. It is like Russian Roulette with these Hi-Spec 😄 tires. Eventually your number comes up. You pays your money you take your chances.
Old 08-23-2022, 04:30 PM   #65
The Dogpound

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
I made it from North Florida to Kalispell Montana and back last year tires were fine. Drove 100 miles from home and 💥. It is like Russian Roulette with these Hi-Spec 😄 tires. Eventually your number comes up. You pays your money you take your chances.
There are so many variables when it comes to tires. How long did your rig sit in between trips and how did you have it stored? I think the main reason ours are doing well so far (fingers crossed) is how often we drive on them which keeps the rubber compounds in good condition.
Old 08-23-2022, 07:08 PM   #66
wiredgeorge

Quote:
There are so many variables when it comes to tires. How long did your rig sit in between trips and how did you have it stored? I think the main reason ours are doing well so far (fingers crossed) is how often we drive on them which keeps the rubber compounds in good condition.
Rick is down on HiSpec tires because he was once the president of the HiSpec booster club and was kicked out for things we don't want to talk about... this has soured him and he bears a grudge against the brand. You go right ahead after reading this thread (and a bunch others) and enjoy your HiSpec tires! Good luck... be safe...
Old 08-23-2022, 08:07 PM   #67
The Dogpound

Don’t quit your day job
Old 08-23-2022, 08:26 PM   #68
travelin texans

Quote:
I agree there are variables in rv tires, but the HiSpec brand seem to be near or at the top of the China Bomb list.
If it were me, of course it's not my $$, they'd be replaced yesterday. Money spent on tires is better spent than on rv repairs & tires. Every mile on them is one mile closer to the inevitable blowout with that brand.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 01:12 AM   #69
RickV

Quote:
When we are not traveling it is kept in a pole barn with a concrete surface I use Trailer Legs to keep the tires off the ground and the tires see no direct sunlight. I actually even use the Trailer Legs when we are at a Campground for an extended period of time. This not my first Rodeo I went through the same thing with our previous 5er and another China Bomb Tire Company Tow-Max Power Kings.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
Old 08-24-2022, 04:56 AM   #70
ChuckS

Since posting various images of Hispec blowouts there have been four more Alpine owners with Hispec blowouts.. most of them are tread separations with rapid loss of pressure and lots of damage..

Thise that wish to roll the dice trip after trip and keep running a tire that has a clear track record of issues I wish them well..

Yes.. every tire brand has issues from time to time .. Bit when I see one brand .. Hispec with repeated blowouts on the same brand RV that’s enough for me to change the tires to something with a better track record

As stated. All 2014 Alpines came with TK tires.. I replaced mine after towing it home from dealer. All 2015 Alpines came with Provider 14 ply tire., it has a great track record with NO blowouts or tread separations that I’ve ever seen reported

Then Keystone Alpine decided to switch to the Hispec tire with its HYPED gimmick nitrogen filled tires.

Blowout after blowout after blowout. And it ain’t the Nitrogen… which is a useless hype in the RV market

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:03 AM   #71
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Since posting various images of Hispec blowouts there have been four more Alpine owners with Hispec blowouts.. most of them are tread separations with rapid loss of pressure and lots of damage..

Thise that wish to roll the dice trip after trip and keep running a tire that has a clear track record of issues I wish them well..

Yes.. every tire brand has issues from time to time .. Bit when I see one brand .. Hispec with repeated blowouts on the same brand RV that’s enough for me to change the tires to something with a better track record

As stated. All 2014 Alpines came with TK tires.. I replaced mine after towing it home from dealer. All 2015 Alpines came with Provider 14 ply tire., it has a great track record with NO blowouts or tread separations that I’ve ever seen reported

Then Keystone Alpine decided to switch to the Hispec tire with its HYPED gimmick nitrogen filled tires.
Blowout after blowout after blowout. And it ain’t the Nitrogen… which is a useless hype in the RV market
At the beginning of this year I bought new Michilen tires from Costco. The manager proudly stated that they were "filled with nitrogen". I asked him if they would adjust the rear tire pressure every time I hitched and unhitched my trailer. Now while they were installing the tires I had struck up a conversation with the manager and he knew I was "one of those" customers, part cynical and mostly jovial. His reply was "bring it in as often as you want and we will fill it the mfg recommend pressure". He thought he had me.

I asked him, " so these tires are 100% nitrogen filled?" He proudly responded "Yes sir!". I looked concerned and asked him why he decieved me and falsely advertised this". He looked very concerned. I asked him what did they do with the air in the tire BEFORE they added the nitrogen. Could he tell me WHAT percent of nitrogen the contents inside were as clearly it wasn't 100 %. He started to stammer and fret thinking I was serious. I smiled and told him I was joking and thought the nitrogen stick was a joke as well. He relaxed and laughed and said that I gave him something to think about.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 07:55 AM   #72
wiredgeorge

My wife bought a new car a few years ago; it was either the Mazda or Chevy Equinox (she hated both and got rid of them for yet another Crown Vic and on one of them, the dealer filled the tires with Nitrogen and put green valve stem caps on and she was charged extra. I put nitrogen in tires right up there with paint protector and fabric protector. Gimmicks to line the pockets of the selling dealer.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:40 AM   #73
travelin texans

Quote:

How do you explain the several incidents lately of the HiSpec tires exploding while still mounted to the spare rack having never been on the ground?
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:13 AM   #74
wiredgeorge

Out of curiosity, I went to the HiSpec website and noted they list the Maxxis M8008 as one of their brands: https://www.hispecwheel.com/hispec-tires/maxxis-radial/

The Maxxis website notes many different tire applications sold and the M8008 is one of their tires.

Confused if there is any linkage between HiSpec and Maxxis....

Tags
tires