Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #21
Ram189

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
My black tank flush is not connected to the main water line and has it's own water connection that is near the dump handles so I assume I should be okay with the water pressure. I had a small water leak from the hose connected to the black tank and pulled the underbelly panel down to fix it and followed the single hose to the external water connection to check for other leaks. Should I limit this water pressure also or is it okay to use full pressure???
I should correct my statement. I run my outside shower hose to the black tank flush when I am hooked up in a campground to cut down on running too many hoses. I am a smell freak for some reason so every morning I get up and first thing I do is dump the tanks and flush the black tank.
Mine has a straight to the flush connection also. I hooked to hose without the regulator to that tank and flushed it that way.

https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps110a0f22.jpg
Ram189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #22
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
My black tank flush is not connected to the main water line and has it's own water connection that is near the dump handles so I assume I should be okay with the water pressure. I had a small water leak from the hose connected to the black tank and pulled the underbelly panel down to fix it and followed the single hose to the external water connection to check for other leaks. Should I limit this water pressure also or is it okay to use full pressure???
I'd limit the water pressure. The check valve for the black flush system seems to be a weak link and should not get high pressure.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #23
BirchyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmthaus View Post
What about using a water filter on the city side? Will it restrict the flow also?

I normally use a regulator, but was wondering if both would restrict it too much.

I decided to get an inline filter after the first trip in our Raptor. The screen had some crud on it and I worry about the fresh water getting polluted.

I don't think it was our hose since i flush it before I use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outwest View Post
The water filter I use definitely reduces the water flow to the trailer, but it's a 5 micron filter (most exterior filters that I've seen are 10 or larger). Still, though, I don't trust it to reduce it to proper pressure and use a regulator.
I added an external filter to mine this past weekend for the first time and noticed a large drop in pressure. Here is how mine is connected:

City water -> regulator -> filter -> camper.

I'm going to swap the filter and regulator positioning the next time and see if it changes things.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote