Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2014, 04:15 AM   #1
sasquatch

KEYSTONE dealer warranty work

Does keystone require any dealer that sells their trailer to service other keystone trailers that was purchased from another dealer
sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
fla-gypsy

Keystone cannot force any dealer to work on any camper even the ones they sell. The only incentive to the dealer to do warranty work for Keystone is repeat customers. The amount paid to the dealers for warranty work is heavily discounted. It is not like the auto industry. All Keystone can do is warrant they will repair what is covered by their warranty and arrange for an authorized repair center to do the work.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
shive787

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla-gypsy View Post
Keystone cannot force any dealer to work on any camper even the ones they sell. The only incentive to the dealer to do warranty work for Keystone is repeat customers. The amount paid to the dealers for warranty work is heavily discounted. It is not like the auto industry. All Keystone can do is warrant they will repair what is covered by their warranty and arrange for an authorized repair center to do the work.

I had service work done on my 2012 outback and keystone said they pay what the shops rate is. There is a cap on how much the dealer can charge, just like the auto industry.
shive787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
Yak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shive787 View Post
I had service work done on my 2012 outback and keystone said they pay what the shops rate is. There is a cap on how much the dealer can charge, just like the auto industry.
I work an auto dealer, warranty labor hourly rate is lower that retail and the time paid for a job is less.
Just a bit of info, RV dealers are not franchised like auto dealers but only have sales agreements with the manufacturers therefore are not required to work on what they didn't sell
Old 07-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
x96mnn

Not all shops but there are many that do not even like working on the units they sell let alone ones they do not sell. I am not sure if they are right by doing so and we are wrong thinking they should do more or reverse. The industry has more then doubled in the last few years so they are getting away with what they are doing.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote