Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2022, 11:31 AM   #1
Stovebolt

Cap light and under cabinet light.

He everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me on a problem I have on a brand new Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 25rds.

We just picked up this unit on thursday 5/12. Today going over everything, I noticed that I can't get the under cabinet lights to work in the kitchen area and one light over the bed towards the front windshield won't work either. All the other lights come on. On the outside, the awning light works but the front cap lights don't work. My old unit had a light switch for the cap lights but I can't find a switch for the cap lights. How do you turn them on? The breakers are all in the right position and I believe if the fuses blow, a light is supposed to show they are blown. All looks good. All the wall plugs work, I checked them with a multi-meter. Does anyone have any ideas where I should look or what to look for?

Thanks in advance,
Stovebolt
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:36 PM   #2
RollaMo

The under cabinet lights (and the one like it over the bed), are individually controlled by a little button in the center of the light.
Push the button to turn them on and push again to turn off.

They are not controlled by the InCommand system, or any light switch you might have on the wall.

For the front cap lights, not sure which ones you are asking about.
On my 5th wheel, there are rocker switches next to the front cargo door.
One turns on a small light aimed at the front hitch, and the other one turns on the front cap lights.

At the very top front corners are two "marker" lights, but they are only on when connected to a tow vehicle and the lights of that vehicle are on.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:23 PM   #3
sahively

I don't have a Cougar model but my trailer came with under cabinet lights that simply weren't wired to anything. Did it myself to avoid a trip to the dealer. Take a peek and see if they go to anything.
sahively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 01:43 PM   #4
Stovebolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
The under cabinet lights (and the one like it over the bed), are individually controlled by a little button in the center of the light.
Push the button to turn them on and push again to turn off.

They are not controlled by the InCommand system, or any light switch you might have on the wall.

For the front cap lights, not sure which ones you are asking about.
On my 5th wheel, there are rocker switches next to the front cargo door.
One turns on a small light aimed at the front hitch, and the other one turns on the front cap lights.

At the very top front corners are two "marker" lights, but they are only on when connected to a tow vehicle and the lights of that vehicle are on.
Thanks I'll check it out. As far as the cap lights, there's no switch that I can find only a sensor light in the storage compartment that automatically comes on when you open the door or when you get near it if the door is open.
Old 05-13-2022, 02:24 PM   #5
Stovebolt

Thanks rollaMo. You were spot on. My old eyes couldn't see those little buttons in the middle. All the interior lights do work. Now all I have to do is figure out the cap lights that I should be able to light up at night while camping.
Old 05-13-2022, 03:38 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
Thanks rollaMo. You were spot on. My old eyes couldn't see those little buttons in the middle. All the interior lights do work. Now all I have to do is figure out the cap lights that I should be able to light up at night while camping.
Keep in mind that some of your fellow campers really may not appreciate cap lights, awning lights, etc. as they like to sleep in darkness. I turn all my outside lights OFF after dark and only turn on the light for the front steps when the missus takes the dogs out and perhaps the front or rear lights depending on where the dogs decide business is to be done. I then turn them off after potty break.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:52 PM   #7
RollaMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post

Look for a rocker switch just inside the pass through storage door on the left side.
You can look up your model on YouTube and find several video's that might help.
I took a screen shot of one that seems to show a rocker switch just inside that pass through on the front wall.
I can't tell what the function is though, but you should be able to find them in yours.
That Blue box he is pointing at is the Solar charge controller.
But there seems to be a rocker switch next to his hand also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 6.46.13 PM.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	39729

Tags
light