Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2021, 10:56 PM   #1
haulinit

Access storage space under sliding king bed in 2018 Fuzion 371?

Hi everyone! I have a 2018 Fuzion 371 that has the north-south king bed. The mattress is on the sliding platform that gets pushed over when the closet slide out comes in.

Has anyone figured out a way to gain access to the wasted storeage space under the bed while allowing the bed to keep sliding?

Thanks!

Shelley
aka The Tiny McMansion
haulinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:29 AM   #2
Wing-in-it

interested as well.

My 325 has a drawer at the south side of the bed for the accessories for the built in vacuum system.

2015 Fuzion 325
2020 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Aisin
Chesterfield, VA.
Wing-in-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:59 AM   #3
jasin1

Check this out ..it may help
Old 04-08-2021, 04:47 AM   #4
haulinit

Thanks for the video!

Thanks for this link. I put in a new mattress and was able to get an idea of how things work. I still didn’t see the springs that pull the platform back. I will definitely have to get more creative with it all.

I would love to sit down with the engineers who design these units and give them ideas about things like this. Yeah having a king bed is great, but having access to the little bit of storage is good too.

Shelley
Haulinit aka The Tiny McMansion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E67BA307-80A7-4C65-B79F-5B93E9C51DB1.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	379.0 KB
ID:	32884  
Old 04-09-2021, 03:08 PM   #5
scottv92

We did not like the king bed in our Impact 311 with this setup due to the tight fit around it. We ditched the camper king mattress and purchased a good quality queen mattress for the bed. I then removed the gas shocks that controlled the sliding of the bed. With the bed stationary I was able to hinge the plywood at a convenient existing splice and now we can access the space under the bed. Works well for us as we are used to a queen bed and really like being able to walk around the bed easier.
scottv92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:56 PM   #6
Big 417

Well, every ounce of weight counts. And at an almost #4000 dry pin weight....I'm sure that's why they don't put storage up there.
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:55 PM   #7
haulinit

That bit of info helps, Scotty. I’m just going to have to live with it for now. I put in a new king size mattress,
Old 04-17-2021, 05:38 AM   #8
roadglide

I have the same dead space on my 311 Impact . I toss the king bed out and pushed the slider in screwed it in place for residential queen. I remove the OSB platform give it a good looking over. I found there was not enough Support slants . I tossed around the idea of adding gas cylinders and lift the bed up. I thought about adding a another door . I decided to scrap the the idea because The women of the camper has a place for everything and said we don’t need it ,that was a relief.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:51 PM   #9
haulinit

Thumbs up Accessing the storage under the bed

LOL yep.....you gotta watch us women of the camper! When we make up our minds about something, it’s pretty hard to get us to change.

I just bought a new king size RV mattress before I thought about being able to access that dead space. I may see if I can get to it. It would be nice to have, especially since I’m losing some other.

I have a long, shallow, overhead cabinet in the garage on the underside of the loft. The is where the ladder is stored. I’m getting ready to install a stacking washer/dryer. It fits under that cabinet with about two inches to spare. Oh well!

I wanted to see if anyone had been creative enough to be able to access that space and still keep the sliding platform. I have five months until I retire and go full time. I can see if I can figure something out between now and then.

Thanks for all the replies!

Shelley
Old 04-19-2021, 02:59 AM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

My DW is a visual type, me, I can see it in my mind so don’t need the visual slide show. IAfter 41 yrs of wedded bliss I can't begin to tell how many sketches I've drawn for her to "review and approve" of modifications or projects.

Whatever it takes right?
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:10 AM   #11
Fuzion1278

Our Fuzion 359 toy hauler has the pull out drawer under the South end of the king bed as well. It is a relatively big storage drawer. Like the previous poster, we have the built in vacuum hose and attachments in that area as well as some other items. It's very conveinent.
Fuzion1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:37 AM   #12
haulinit

Access storage space under sliding king bed in 2018 Fuzion 371....

I have one of those drawers at the foot of the bed too. I think I'll pull it out and see what it looks like inside of there.

Flybuoy, I can visualize things too, but then like to draw them out. I do a lot of sewing and will design things in my head, draw them out, then make them. At least I don't have to worry about having a wife changing her mind as soon as I have a design that I like!

I will keep everyone posted as to what I do. Hell, I might even think to take pictures and post them. I have the tendency to get creative with things like this.

Stay tuned.......

Shelley

Tags
bed, fuzion, storage