Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2021, 07:43 PM   #1
ratowles

Removing decal adhesive residue.

I have a 2010 Cougar Xlite 27RLS. The Colorado sun has slowly peeled the decals off of the unit. What's the best way to remove the adhesive residue without damaging the trailers finish?

Also, what's the recommended way to remove the remaining decals.

I would love to have the decals replaced, but I think that would be cost prohibitive, as the last time I priced them it was several thousand dollars. Is there an after market source for these decals?
ratowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #2
Hblick48

I've removed decals from 2 rv's using Scotch-Brite 07517:

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Brite-...6298732&sr=8-1

It is mounted onto a buffer and works great to remove the decals and most of the glue. I used Goof Off ro remove the rest of the glue residue. Took me about 2 days to remove decals from 33 foot rig. PITA, but the Scotch-Brite works great.

Go onto Ebay and search RV Graphics. The seller is db_graphix. Great selection, good prices,, quick ship, and good quality.

There will be a shadow where the old decals are removed. Very difficult to remove. I used progressively finer wet sanding and then buffer polish to a shine before applying decals.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:43 AM   #3
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratowles View Post
I have a 2010 Cougar Xlite 27RLS. The Colorado sun has slowly peeled the decals off of the unit. What's the best way to remove the adhesive residue without damaging the trailers finish?

Also, what's the recommended way to remove the remaining decals.

I would love to have the decals replaced, but I think that would be cost prohibitive, as the last time I priced them it was several thousand dollars. Is there an after market source for these decals?
Have you looked at someone that specializes in vehicle graphics? Commercial buisness graphics?...I have a lady I’ve used for the last 16 years that does my company trucks and also does my boats...she uses a computer to print out just about anything.
I would shop around because prices can be all over the place.

You may not get the exact graphics but pretty close and generally can make something slightly bigger to cover the existing space if you need to hide blemishes.
They last a LONG time. I think she uses 3m brand in most everything.
It’s not super cheap but anything that looks quality and IS quality seldom ever is
Old 03-21-2021, 05:16 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

Mineral spirits will remove the adhesive without damaging the finish. This seller on eBay sells new graphics for Keystone products.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COUGAR-RV-G...53.m1438.l2649
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote