Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2021, 04:58 PM   #21
bobbecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderbird View Post
So I de-winterized the trailer today. Filled the water tank, flushed the hoses with city water using the low point drains. Turned by-pass to ON so now water is flowing into hot water tank. Turned on the pump to pressurized the system,all seems OK. I ran the water for a few minutes and the pressure was good at first. Running it for a few times, the pressure is back where it was last winter. Weak. The pump is working fine, turns off when it is supposed to. Water pressure is fine on city water. But on just the water pump, there is very little pressure anywhere even tat the outside shower, which is the first outlet.

Can there be a leak at the intake that is causing it to lose pressure? but if that is the case, why would the pump stops if there is a leak? I am baffled. I want to solve this myself before taking it to the dealership and spending money on it. Any other ideas/solutions to try?
Why are you turning the water heater bypass ON? And, are you leaving the bypass valve turned ON? You only need to turn the bypass valve to ON when you are winterizing the plumbing, all the rest of the time, the bypass valve should be turned OFF. What is the rig you have, model and year?
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:40 PM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

The statment that the pressure is fine with the pump initially and it shuts off THEN the pressure drops off while the pressure is fine on city water makes jo sense to me. If the pressure switch is working properly then it should start the pump if it's turned on. If the pressure drops then the pump should run.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:34 AM   #23
akmk81

Could there be a kink in the hose from the FW tank to the pump and when the pump runs for a bit the hose collapses? Just a thought.

2004 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.0 Powerstroke Lariat CC SB SRW
2018 Cougar 311res
PullRite SuperLite on standard rails
akmk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:58 AM   #24
wanderbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmk81 View Post
Could there be a kink in the hose from the FW tank to the pump and when the pump runs for a bit the hose collapses? Just a thought.
Ding Ding we have a winner! Seems the guy who put in the hose cut it too short. I traced the line back to the intake and found a crimped hose with a 90 degree turn. Problem solved!! Thanks!!

When we bought the trailer- we noticed the owners had some water cans in the bathroom and thought they were into dry camping a lot. I suspect they had the same issue and never bothered with it.
wanderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:55 AM   #25
akmk81

Glad you got it fixed!!

2004 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.0 Powerstroke Lariat CC SB SRW
2018 Cougar 311res
PullRite SuperLite on standard rails
akmk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:50 AM   #26
GAC41

Make sure your valve settings are set for use or dry camping, if you leave it in the fill tank settings you will loose pressure.
GAC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure