Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
Crystal

Jensen TV volume issue

2020 keystone outback and here recently when I turn the volume up on the TV it will not go above 30. It is so low that when the AC comes on It is hard to hear. Any ideas? I have read something about a fixed or variable setting but it was not for this brand TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated as buying a new TV right now is not an option 😒
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:40 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Don't know much about a Jensen TV. Do you have aux speakers in the ceiling or elsewhere? With the cheap TVs in trailers today I've seen some that were very marginal speakerwise….even some home units if you aren't careful. My RV TV (Furrion) maxes out at 39....maybe you are seeing the max for that unit. I've never had an RV tv that worked really well speakerwise and always had to use outboard units to get above the din of the AC when running. Maybe a sound bar?
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:22 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

You might consider using a RCA "Patch cable" to connect the TV audio out to the stereo "AUX IN". Then select AUX on the stereo. That will play the TV audio through the stereo speakers in the ceiling. Turn on the TV and adjust the stereo volume. Hopefully it will be significantly more volume than you're getting from the two "marginal TV speakers".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:36 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
2020 keystone outback and here recently when I turn the volume up on the TV it will not go above 30. It is so low that when the AC comes on It is hard to hear. Any ideas? I have read something about a fixed or variable setting but it was not for this brand TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated as buying a new TV right now is not an option 😒
First thing is to totally ignore what you've read about "some other brand" as that will just add unnecessary confusion.
Secondly, the dealer should have given you a packet with the manuals and warranty registration for every appliance along with a "build sheet" which is a list of brand and model number for every appliance. If you didn't get that then call the dealer and demand that they provide to you.
Third, it sounds to me (pun intended) that you have two possibilities. A defective television or operator error, i.e. a setting in the TV's menu or could be it's wired to use the radio and the overhead speakers which would require the radio to be turned on and the proper input selected.

If you can post the model number for the TV someone might be able to offer more help.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:44 AM   #5
GAC41

Cool Volume Control on Jensen TV

My wife and I have a Montana 3763BP. I had the same issue with my TV, I could turn it all the way up or down and the volume did not change.

If you go to your DVD play and select the Bluetooth in mode, then hold the pair button down, the unit will go into pairing mode and start counting down 120 seconds. Once there go to your TV settings and select bluetooth, then select find device/pair. Once the TV finds your DVD player pair them.

Once you have done this you will be able to play the sound of the TV through your speakers via bluetooth and the volume control works well.

One note though; Make sure you turn the volume on your TV down to 0 or you will have an eco sound when watching the TV. This is because your TV sound will play at same time as DVD sound if you do not turn it down.
GAC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:09 AM   #6
wiredgeorge

I am sure it would be great to hear your TV through your stereo speakers but another option is to buy a soundbar. I have a cheap Walmart 32" TV and the sound is not adequate to hear over the A/C so I bought a soundbar and attached to the TV. If you go this route, check which inputs are on your television and compare to a prospective soundbars outputs.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen