Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2021, 08:04 PM   #1
pablopwnage

Auto leveling panel screen malfunction

After arriving at our campsite with our Raptor 429, I turned on the LCI control panel to drop the landing gear. The panel responded and the LCD screen lights up green but there are no letters.

The control panel responded to input and I was able to drop the front landing gear, but the rear stabilizers will not respond. I also get no response from the front if I try to retract.

Could this be a bad fuse issue? Do I need to reboot the panel? (Is that a thing?). I am also not sure where to find the circuit breaker for the panel. Turning on my battery disconnect did not turn it off. Do I need to disconnect from shore power AND turn on battery disconnect?
pablopwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:09 PM   #2
nuctrooper

Open the propane hatch and directly above the inboard tank mounted to the ceiling of the compartment is the level sensor. I’d unplug all the connections, make sure they’re clean and reconnect. Hope that helps!!
nuctrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:23 PM   #3
pablopwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuctrooper View Post
Open the propane hatch and directly above the inboard tank mounted to the ceiling of the compartment is the level sensor. I’d unplug all the connections, make sure they’re clean and reconnect. Hope that helps!!
Ok, I’ll give that a try in the morning!
Old 03-28-2021, 08:35 PM   #4
bobbecky

A neighbor that was across the street form us where we are now had the exact same thing happen with his Montana. We unplugged, cleaned connections, and nothing worked. He ordered a new control pad from Amazon, which is really sold from Lippert, and he had it in a couple days with free Prime shipping. Installed it, plugged the cable in and worked perfect. The new one looks a bit different from the original, but all the buttons are there and it works like the original. https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo...s%2C878&sr=8-2
You can also go to Ebay and search for Lippert 421484, and can find them a bit cheaper, but I'm not into risking a few bucks for questionable parts.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:38 AM   #5
Javi

When this happened to me on my last trailer I called Lippert and was told that the 1st thing to check was the battery.. the control is very sensitive to voltage... they were correct my battery was shot.. I hadn't noticed because it is always plugged in for storage or plugged into the truck when towing.. The only time that wasn't true was when setting up after unhooking... Now I check... darn board was over $200 dollars..
Old 03-29-2021, 05:51 AM   #6
ChuckS

If you are still having issues verify you have good 12 volts from battery to fad control module in front baggage compartment. The entire system gets its power from the front module..see first image...

A would also pop out the leve” up panel and reseat the one connection on back side of pcb

Images from my fifth wheel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	44187B9F-C6A6-4F7F-B111-F5E3DE971F88.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	484.9 KB
ID:	32716   Click image for larger version

Name:	7349A857-F040-4493-98F4-696D47801F6A.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	32717   Click image for larger version

Name:	6595B905-35C4-49A7-945F-4402BFF7BBB6.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	450.4 KB
ID:	32718  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:17 AM   #7
pablopwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
If you are still having issues verify you have good 12 volts from battery to fad control module in front baggage compartment. The entire system gets its power from the front module..see first image...

A would also pop out the leve” up panel and reseat the one connection on back side of pcb

Images from my fifth wheel
This worked! I disconnected touch screen panel from the control module above the propane tanks, cleaned the connectors just to be sure, let it sit for about 30 seconds disconnected and then powered back on. Everything is back to normal, screen text is showing properly and I was able to lower my rear stabilizers without issue. No new screen panel needed (phew!)

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions!

Tags
leveling